• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Qualified K-bike repair shops in Yellowstone and Sturgis area?

txmxrider

I'm in the final stages of planning a trip from TX to visit family in Lander WY, then will spend a few days in Yellowstone NP and from there will hook up with another TX rider and spend a few days in the Black Hills of SD. Being the detail-oriented kind of guy that I am (others would say anal-retentive) I'm compiling a list of BMW dealers and repair shops along the way in case something goes awry. I'm reasonably familiar with the TX, NM, CO leg but I've never been any further north and have no knowledge of the shops available in the WY, Southern MT, Western SD areas. I searched online and found TNT Motorsports in Laramie and Sturgis Motorsports in Sturgis, but can't find anything regarding non-dealerships who specialize in BMW repair. If anyone has first-hand knowledge or have a shop they can recommend I'd appreciate the info. Hopefully it will not be needed but I like to be prepared. Thanks!

Aftermarket Shop???

I spend my summers in the Black Hills and I think the answer is NO. Sturgis MotorSports is a good dealer. As with any dealer, all that is needed is cubic money and they will take care of you. The address in the Anonymous is their old location. Stugis in not that big. Just ask and some one will point.

With that being said. Take your Anonymous with you. There is at least one listing in every city in the Hills except Lead.

Harold in Kansas

That's pretty much what I suspected after I couldn't find anything in the ON or doing a google search. Will most definitely have my Anonymous book with me.

Thanks for the reply!

Sturgis motor sports has service available, last time I was there I overheard them taking care right away of a traveler.

All dealers require lots of dollars, as long as they get you going again, correctly, that is a good thing, it is what they do.

Rod

Montana Bob is up around the north side of Yellowstone.....he advertises in Owners News.

Back