• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel siphon kit

_RockZ_

Seeking the 4TH dimension
Wondering if any one knows of a good fuel siphon kit, I ride with alot of guys who ride harleys and seems like we always stoping for Gas, always worried they might run out of guess figured I would have a kit along so if I have to I can share if I need to.:banghead

Rather than siphon, why not just carry a spare can, or tank. The GSs have a real nice box tank that fits on the rear rack. And there are some carry type tanks.
It's a little dangerous with gas, and there are additives today that are, well, you don't want them on your hands, paint, clothes, etc.
dc

They have cheap plastic bulb/siphon kits at the local auto parts store for a few bucks. A that price they're disposable if you don't want to re-pack a stinky used siphon.

Here's the deal... for your buddies.

reda__14883.jpg

Wondering if any one knows of a good fuel siphon kit, I ride with alot of guys who ride harleys and seems like we always stoping for Gas, always worried they might run out of guess figured I would have a kit along so if I have to I can share if I need to.:banghead

Ah those Harley riders. Reminds me of the time I came across one on the side of the road, yep out of gas. Was on a tour and I had Luftmeister auxiliary tanks on my RS. Had one filled with regular & the other with lead free high test, this was in a pre mandatory lead free era. I used the high test for my camping equipment. Anyway, I stop to give this guy a hand and you should have seen his face when I asked if he wanted regular or high test. Truly a Kodak moment.

That's good comedy there. But I cannot imagine the look on the face. I would think it would be disbelief? Carrying two types of gas?
I was given a free gallon out on Caliente Bodfish last year. Just to be on the safe side.
But I usually plan ahead.
dc

The tank on your bmw will be higher than the tank on the Harley. So a roll of aquarium tube for $1.50 would be good enough to siphon some out for an unlucky rider, long enough to start by mouth and never even get a fume. Dispose when done. Packs small.

Rod

The following fix is $2.99 at most auto stores. Fits well under the seat. As a former paramedic I would recommend avoiding the tube siphon technique. Accidental aspiration of fuel can lead to serious lung problems like aspiration pneumonia. Seen it happen and it is not a pretty site. The $2.99 fix is cheap insurance and as mentioned earlier can be recycled after one use to avoid the smell.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Victor-Siphon-pump/_/N-26df?itemIdentifier=574855_0_0_

Back