• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Room in Sedalia

gofast1320

FOUND ROOM
Does anyone have a lead on a decent hotel with rooms available in or near Sedalia?
Anybody got a reservation that has decided not to go?

Would like to stay Thurs nite thru Sat. I want to attend the rally but just got a new hip 2 months ago and not sure I'll be up for camping.

Thanks

Last edited:
There are a number of websites designed to find rooms. I used www.expedia.com and got a room in Marshall, MO. About 30 miles north of Sedalia.

Other sites are

www.orbitz.com/Hotels
www.kayak.com/Hotels
www.priceline.com
www.travelocity.com/Hotels

Good luck finding something this close to the rally. I booked rooms back in January. There were still quite a few rooms still available. The closer that it gets to rally time, the close area rooms are booked and you may need to book a room further away from Sedalia.
Good Luck

Dont know if this helps you or not but last fall I checked with Lincoln University in Jefferson City and they were going to possibly have dorm rooms available this summer for short stays for anyone vacationing in the area. I repeat, POSSIBLY, so don't hold me to it. Its probably about 50 miles from Sedalia but is better than nothing at this late stage.

I would be leary of the travel websites at this point as they are known to overbook and you dont want to get there and find there are no rooms. I have had my reservation at the Holiday Inn since last September that I booked directly with H/I and I call the hotel every month just to make sure it is still valid. The front desk girl there now knows me so I am pretty confident my reservation will be ok.

Lincoln University
Office of Residential Life
573-681-5478
8am-5pm M-F

I know a guy who rides into town every year and gets a room without a problem. There are always last-minute cancellations.

Overbooking

Dont know if this helps you or not but last fall I checked with Lincoln University in Jefferson City and they were going to possibly have dorm rooms available this summer for short stays for anyone vacationing in the area. I repeat, POSSIBLY, so don't hold me to it. Its probably about 50 miles from Sedalia but is better than nothing at this late stage.

I would be leary of the travel websites at this point as they are known to overbook and you dont want to get there and find there are no rooms. I have had my reservation at the Holiday Inn since last September that I booked directly with H/I and I call the hotel every month just to make sure it is still valid. The front desk girl there now knows me so I am pretty confident my reservation will be ok.

Lincoln University
Office of Residential Life
573-681-5478
8am-5pm M-F

Travel websites do not overbook. It is the hotel/motel/campground that has the responsibility to notify their travel channels when they are booked and then close out the property. Should a property fail to do this the outside travel agencies are likely to drop that property.
As a hotel owner it is my responsibility (when I screw up) to find comparable accomodations for a guest even if I have to pay more than the guest had agreed to pay for my property.
SO. . . .When a hotel blames it on their travel agents; Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, etc - they are just BS ing you.

Hotel rooms

I went thru expedia today and got a room in Sedalia. There will be cancellations between now and July. Go with a booking agent.:wave

Verify directly with the Motel...

I SUGGEST you contact the motel direct to confirm ALL reservations made online. Already, TOO many folks have found even though they booked through an online service, the motel does not have a room booked for them.

Local rooms will become available from now until the rally. It happens every year. Again I suggest you confirm ALL reservations directly with the motel.

See you all in Sedalia for some Howlin' at the Moon!

Back