• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touratech LDC High seat for 2012 GS Adventure

05Train

The stock Adventure seat is way to soft for me. After an hour I found myself bouncing off the seat pan, and my passenger sliding into me every time I touched the brakes. I had a Sargent that worked well on my RT, but the Sargent is about an inch lower than the stock seat. No-go for my 34" inseam. After a bunch of looking, I found the LDC seat was the only off-the-shelf seat that was able to maintain the stock height. Their "Standard" seat is the same height as a GS, their "High" seat is about the same in the low setting and touch taller in the high than the Adventure's.

I spoke with Matt at Touratech, who described the LDC as stiff, firm, and flatter than stock. All good things as far as I'm concerned, as I loved the firm Corbin on my Harley. I was also hopeful that it'd solve the issue of me sliding forward. The passenger seat has a defined rise to the front to keep her situated. Both seats have sort of a faux suede surface to help prevent sliding.

I only took a short ride today with the seat all the way up front & rear, but my initial impression is overwhelmingly positive. The foam doesn't compress much at all, so it sits me way up. No more flat-footing the bike. The shape and feel is really good though. I'm assuming the seat will break in after a few hundred miles, but as long as it stays firm it'll stay comfortable.

I added a set of Touratech 30mm bar risers at the same time to help compensate for the height. They compliment the seat nicely.

IMG_1421.jpg

Got about 300 miles on the seat so far, and I'm nothing but happy. I can run it in the high position front and back, and not slide into the tank like the stocker. It's very firm, so there's plenty of support with no hotspots. Between the additional seat height and the bar risers, my riding position is about perfect.

It's still a ridiculously expensive seat, but from a comfort standpoint I couldn't be happier.

Back