• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Colorado Road Trip

LD.. I really enjoyed your road trip tale. Take a bow! While only three day fling, many memories gathered! Yes, you hit quite the May moisture window. I often ride to Woodland Park for some lunchtime chow. Coincidently I had a pulled pork sandwich at that Florissant c-store three weeks ago. Yes, ride U.S. 50 all the way to Montrose for a delightful ride. Also, on the west side of Blue Mesa Reservoir check out one of the great riding roads in the country... Colorado 92 to Hotchkiss.

Neat ride report. We're heading that way ourselves in about a month (hopefully we'll avoid any serious snow). Love to see what others have seen and done out there.

How is Colorado doing with the drought? Reports we're getting make it sound like much of the state is a tinder box. We don't want those gorgeous views spoiled by smoke!

Thanks for posting the report. One of the joys of motorcycling is seeing an area thru thru the eyes of someone else.

While it has been almost 50 years since I've lived in CO, I go there often as our son lives S of Denver. I've had the pleasure of riding the many times and look forward to doing so again.

Neat ride report. We're heading that way ourselves in about a month (hopefully we'll avoid any serious snow). Love to see what others have seen and done out there.

How is Colorado doing with the drought? Reports we're getting make it sound like much of the state is a tinder box. We don't want those gorgeous views spoiled by smoke!

dc... The snowpack above many river basins/drainages are at around 30% of the LTA (long term average). Independence Pass has been open for a week, and Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park opened the other day. Most years the opening is the Memorial Day weekend. There is a 300 acre fire in the Poudre Canyon as I type this.

That said, on my side of Park County where I reside, I had a very average snow year... about 100 inches. Good moisture the past two weeks have made things damp and green. The peaks around here have fresh snow above timberline. Dry periods in this semi-arid state are the rule, not exception. A fire somewhere is also quite common, but the Rocky Mountain area is big. I can't tell from here there is a fire in the Poudre Canyon. Have no doubts about a spectacularly beautiful trip.

Going to be in the Ouray area the third week in June. Do you know what their snow pack was? Hoping to be able to jeep over some of the passes if they are open.

Steve, that's very encouraging news. Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the low levels of snow may work in my favor, as I was afraid the spring runoff would ruin the fishing. Instead it might actually work to my advantage.

Back