Thread: R75/6 manual?

R75/6 manual?

Im looking around at manuals for a 76' r75/6, I have a mix of factory and clymer's for my other bikes. are there factory manuals avaible for the /6 bikes? or should i bite the bullit and score a haynes or clymer?

James.A
    I have a factory service manual for /5's. I find that it is helpful to have other service manuals to go along with the factory manual. My factory service manual is written and layed out in a manner that suggests that the intended user would be a factory trained technician. It's a fascinating book, but it works best for me when used along with a Clymer or Haynes or Chilton's.

yeah, I Know how that is, I have both for my dualsport bike and I remember that being the case aswell from my time as a mechanic, workin on Aircooled V-Dubs and Old porsches. are the factory manuals still available?

Haynes and Clymer manuals are notoriously inaccurate. Join the Airheads mail list to find out.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by boxedbike
    yeah, I Know how that is, I have both for my dualsport bike and I remember that being the case aswell from my time as a mechanic, workin on Aircooled V-Dubs and Old porsches. are the factory manuals still available?

Yes, I found my /5 one on ebay. I got an original bound version and a .pdf format on a CD on the same day. I like the pdf version cause I can print the appropriate material, use it in the garage and not worry about soiling it, use it to clean up spills, my hands, etc. Then toss it. The bound version sit's proudly on my bookshelf among my other manuals and is used for study PRIOR to a job. I treat it kind of like a Gutenburg Bible.