• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

HJC Sy-Max 3

ksrob

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm needing to replace my Shoei Multi-Tech and the HJC is interesting.

Able to install a J&M headset, quiet and venting are the things I want.

TIA,

Rob

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm needing to replace my Shoei Multi-Tech and the HJC is interesting.

Able to install a J&M headset, quiet and venting are the things I want.

TIA,

Rob

I have a HJC IS max. Different helmet I know, but quiet would not be anywhere on it's lists of attributes. The vents make all kinds of noise when they are open. When they are closed they rattle.

Please try and find one you can "test ride" if it shares any design qualities with the IS-MAX.

I have a Sy-Max I and a Sy-Max II. Neither is all that quite. They are ok on the LT but pretty noisy on the GT. I wear molded earphones on the GT. I have a StarComm headset in both that I use on the LT.

Bottom line: I like the helmet, fits my gourd and the removable lining made it real easy to install the headsets. Shields change in seconds without tools. I would probably purchase another one if I was in need of a helmet.

Jeff

I have one, Its not quiet but is comfortable. I had to trim the shield as my nose touched it when it was open. Also chin touches chin guard.

webBikeWorld reviewed the Sy-Max III and gave it a thumbs up (article here). They say it is quieter than most flip-up helmets, but had their doubts about ventilation.

Your Shoei Multitec is a rounder shape than the Sy-Max III (see webBikeWorld helmet shapes article). Fit is the most important factor in picking a new helmet, so make sure the Sy-Max III fits you well.

I have a Sy-Max II that does not fit my head all that well, but if it did, I'd be happy to upgrade to a Sy-Max III. Due to my long-oval head shape I now wear an Arai Profile, which fits me perfectly.

Back