• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum Frenzy/Beer Garden Shift

dzimbric said:
Whats up with the charging station is ya gonna sit around and watch the batterires charge or do you like charge everyone use the station? What station is it anyway? Do you have cable? :dunno :dunno

Put me in for the shift boss,
:drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink

With modern technology, most are traveling with more and more electronics, cell phones, GPS, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, MP3 players... well the list goes on. So while at the rally wander over to the Electronics Charging Station for a quick recharge. The Charging Station will allow you to plug in your electronics for a few hours to get them recharged. It will be located by the Cyber Cafe, so swing by and charge up.

Well I kind of thought it would be good to have someone making sure that people get back their cell phone and not someone else's. I figure that there are bound to be some same models dropped off...

Brad's station:
112swtch.jpg

Our station:
beergardenwaitress.jpg

choose wisely :D

If I'm not needed in Security...

I'd be right proud to help ya sling some brown pops, if you'll have me. I'm getting too old to start quaffing that early, but primed for getting out right around Beer-o'Clock. <<<)))

I'm still making final arrangements for the trip, but you can count me in for Friday afternoon. By the end of the shift I'll be real thirsty :drink ! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. :D

In!

manic mechanic said:
I don't suppose it's too early for us to think about having another annual Forum Frenzy at the Rally. I propose 7pm on Thursday evening, meet up at the beer garden. I also propose the Forum Folks volunteer to work a 4-hour shift at the beer garden, like last year. I propose noon to 4pm on Friday, unless that's taken. I'd really like a chance to listen to George without having to work during the tunes.

I'll volunteer for head beertender again. Anybody else care to join in?

If you don't have a full house just yet, i'll make myself available for the 12-4 shift on Friday. I met a few of y'all at the Forum Frenzy last year and look forward to saying hello one more time.

Byron

OK folks, just got back from the Solstice run, and now I'm asking for a couple things. First, we've got an even dozen volunteers to work the Friday afternoon shift. About six more would really be great. Second, if you would please send me a PM or email and let me know your REAL names, for Bouncin' Bob's tally. He's the volunteer organizer boss-type person. So, like I said, we can use maybe six more volunteers. So far we've got:
The Veg
Stress
D'Lilah
Einnar
BubbaZanetti
Loraz
Oznay
YB in IN
dzimbric
CustomSarge
LTRider
LECFlagger

and I'll be the head beertender

manic mechanic said:
... So, like I said, we can use maybe six more volunteers. ...

Spoke with tnk12lt today and he's in. He's 2 weeks into a 6 week road trip that ends in Lima. And yet he still wants to volunteer. jeesh. :stick

I'll forward his name via PM.

B

Hey, all, it looks like we've got enough folks volunteered to sling suds from noon 'til 4pm on Friday. Also reminding that George is playing Friday evening. So let's have our Forum Frenzy meet-and-greet on Thursday, maybe 'bout 7-ish, at the beer tent. Let's put some names and faces together! See ya there!

Not intending to dampen anybody's fun, just a question to the powers that be - what is the smoking policy in the beer tent, and on the rally grounds? Are there any specific prohibitions? Just so everybody knows, that's all.

manic mechanic said:
Not intending to dampen anybody's fun, just a question to the powers that be - what is the smoking policy in the beer tent, and on the rally grounds? Are there any specific prohibitions? Just so everybody knows, that's all.

As stated in the FAQ section about the rally: Smoking is prohibited inside all buildings on the rally site (per state law)

Outside . . . have at it, but be prepared to share yer "left-handed" stuff!

still need help?

:clap
I'm ready!
Tell me when you need more help and I'll be there.
I am already working registration on Thursday 4-8 so work around that.
:beer
SiouxI don't want a pickle.........

Back