• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi, I'm from Missouri, May I help you?

MO 4-Corners Tour

Hi, wondered if you would know more about the Barnett memorial around Memphis, MO?? Am confused about where to find out more info of the june listing in ON pg118. Am ok with the others, will not be riding for points. Thanks for any help Bill

Hi all,
1 year new to BMW cycles (love it!) and 1 week new to BMW MOA. I am looking forward to the rally. I want to alert you to a beautiful route to Sedalia from the St. Louis area direction. I live on the Mississippi River in a 175 yr old town 30 min north of down town StL, Alton/Godfrey, Il. (I would suggest this as a day route only) (if have to travel through St. Louis at night, it is not as bad as other big cities) Out of Alton Il, we have Hwy 100 the Great River Road for about 15 miles of scenic riding with bluffs and the Mighty Mississippi. Past the fun town of Grafton is Brussels Ferry into Calhoun County. Narrow country roads to Golden Eagle Ferry into St. Charles County. Off of the Golden Eagle Ferry follow road to left on hwy B to right on Hwy 94 through historic St Charles (first capitol of Missouri) continue on hwy 94 through historic German wine towns of Augusta, Marthasville, Hermann (have to cross Mo River at hwy 19), did I tell you that 94 is a beautiful winding road through hill country and Missouri River bottoms, beautiful!!!! At mid-Missouri you will hit hwy 54, take that South or left towards the newer Capitol (still historic) Jefferson City to hwy 50. Go West or right on 50 into Sedalia.

Michael- PM sent, did you receive it?

Look forward to meeting you at the Rally,
Michael Bruns
intowilderness
09r1200rt

Michael- PM sent, did you receive it?

Hi, wondered if you would know more about the Barnett memorial around Memphis, MO?? Am confused about where to find out more info of the june listing in ON pg118. Am ok with the others, will not be riding for points. Thanks for any help Bill

I know all about the Barnett Memorial. That was me in the picture. The way I understand it, coordinates will be included in your packet. (It is on Barnett Road)

Here is more help: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234182&page=31
Please be sure to read post #477 if you want a laugh.

P1020058.JPG

P1020063.JPG

Last edited:
Near Sedalia there are a number of historic towns. One of the best is Arrow Rock, MO.

Arrow Rock has a population of 56 people according to the 2010 census. What the lacks in population it makes up in history.

The town was founded in 1829 as Philadelphia but changed to Arrow Rock because of the prominent landmark along the river were Indians collected flint.

The town is now a National Historic Landmark and worth the visit. There are a number of shops, walking tours, historic building and places to eat. You might consider J. Huston Tavern for lunch or dinner. http://www.jhustontavern.com/

If you like theater, Arrow Rock has the only professional theater between KC and STL. http://www.lyceumtheatre.org/index.php Get tickets in advance.

One of the historic figures from Arrow Rock is the artist George Caleb Bingham. His painting captured rural MO and the Missouri River.

2226785065_e23e82480e_z.jpg

I have seen painting many times. I can't figure what that animal would be in the front. :scratch

Whiteman AFB has one of it's monthly tours on Friday the 20th. It's a little over 20 miles away. It would take up the morning to tour it so it would be quite a bit of time away from the MOA activities. Thought I'd mention it anyway. They only take 10 people that are visiting as a group.

Spirit One

This tour takes place 8:40 a.m.-noon and includes a wing mission brief, which highlights each unit on base and how they contribute to the defense of America, an Oscar-01 missile launch control facility tour, a viewing of the 509th Bomb Wing's B-2 static, and a short windshield tour of the base. Maximum participants 40.
What is Oscar-1?

From 1964 to 1993, Whiteman AFB's Oscar-01 served as command center for 10 Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. Oscar was one of 15 such facilities that were spread out across west central Missouri. Oscar stood out, however, as it was the only such operational site actually located on a base. Today, the site is a tribute to all Air Force members who pulled alert duty and kept the system operational during the Cold War. As such, Oscar is open for tours. People who have base access can call (660) 687-6560 to schedule a separate tour of Oscar-01.

Soldier in the field

Can anyone give good directions to this monument. I also am not riding for points but would like to see it. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Eddie - Seeing as you're giving route advice. My group from WNY will hit St. Louie around mid-afternoon (3pm-ish), and wanted to stop to get a group photo by the Arch. My current route has us on Route 50, then 64/44 through St. Louis.

Is this completely inadvisable?

Thanks!
Mark

Hi Eddie - Seeing as you're giving route advice. My group from WNY will hit St. Louie around mid-afternoon (3pm-ish), and wanted to stop to get a group photo by the Arch. My current route has us on Route 50, then 64/44 through St. Louis.

Is this completely inadvisable?

Thanks!
Mark

There is no GOOD way to get through STL so that is as good as any.

Here is a thought for after STL. Stay on 44 past Pacific and then pick up 100 to Washington and Hermann and to Jeff City. At Jeff City take 50 the rest of the way. That is longer but worth it. Hermann is a great town to visit.

See you at the rally.

Eddie

Back