• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The Sedalia 1000

I'm In!

Rob, thanks for putting this together. Booked a room at the Comfort Inn and am leaving there at 5 AM Wednesday if anyone is interested. Awaiting details as to where we need a gas receipt from, etcetera.

Now to get the tankbag installed and broken in before the trip!

Looking forward to my first IBA challenge (registration up yet?) and first time at the rally! For anyone in the Albany/Schenectady/Troy, NY or surrounding areas who might like to ride together, here is my itinerary:

Leave Schenectady, NY between 5:00 - 6:00 pm Tuesday 7/17
Staying at Comfort Inn in Wilkes-Barre
Leave For the IBA ride early Wednesday AM 7/18
I'm staying in a hotel nearby Sedalia Wednesday night and in Sherpa tent for the rally
Leaving Sunday morning and staying in Bellville, OH that night (657 miles)
Back home on Monday (568 miles, via southern route in NY)

I am an easy going responsible professional who stays less than 10 mph over posted interstate speeds and less than 5 over on other roads. Lots of miles and long trips under my belt both solo and with groups. Happy to lead or follow.

PM me or post if interested

I'm involved in a group of three that are planning to do this ride together, but still no mention on the IBA website. :scratch

I'm involved in a group of three that are planning to do this ride together, but still no mention on the IBA website. :scratch

The registration page will be up *soon*. I thought it was going to be ready last week but alas it's spring and the key players have very full plates.

Generally speaking rides like this have a specific page with a URL and are not referenced off the main IBA site. I will post the link as soon as it is live.

Best,

Rob Nye

Hoping the Morton's Ride just posted is not replacing this one... Fredericksburg adds quite a few more miles and time I do not have. :scratch

Hoping the Morton's Ride just posted is not replacing this one... Fredericksburg adds quite a few more miles and time I do not have. :scratch

Not at all, we're just offering another opportunity to do a SaddleSore 1000 to Sedalia from a bit farther south. We're not looking to take anyone away from the ride Rob has organized.

Steve Anderson
Sales & Marketing Manager
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
www.mortonsbmw.com

Steve, thanks for that and thanks to Morton's. Hopefully that will just add to the fun at the pizza party! -Dennis

Great. I wanted to ask this question but could not find a place on the IBA site to ask it. Question: I will be riding two up and want Mary (my co-pilot etc) to be id'd on the certification as well. What will this cost? I know the $60 part but I remain unclear on the two up recognition. Can anyone point me in the correct direction on this point? Thanks. - Bob

Great. I wanted to ask this question but could not find a place on the IBA site to ask it. Question: I will be riding two up and want Mary (my co-pilot etc) to be id'd on the certification as well. What will this cost? I know the $60 part but I remain unclear on the two up recognition. Can anyone point me in the correct direction on this point? Thanks. - Bob

From this page:

You may also complete the ride two-up (with one person doing the piloting, the other being a passenger the entire distance - you may not share piloting duties!). In these cases, the Iron Butt Association issues one certificate, with both rider and passenger on it, but we provide two copies of it; one for the rider and one for the passenger. There is NO additional charge for a passenger, however, if they would like a pin or plate frame, you will need to add that in on the fee schedule page.

From this page:

You may also complete the ride two-up (with one person doing the piloting, the other being a passenger the entire distance - you may not share piloting duties!). In these cases, the Iron Butt Association issues one certificate, with both rider and passenger on it, but we provide two copies of it; one for the rider and one for the passenger. There is NO additional charge for a passenger, however, if they would like a pin or plate frame, you will need to add that in on the fee schedule page.

Excellent explanation. Thank you. - Bob

Rather than sending in the documentation, do we just turn in the documentation in Sedalia?

Greetings,

Documentation is simple!

First, obtain a start receipt. This must be computer generated and include the city, state, time and date. The city must be the same as the one you selected when you registered.

Second, depending on which route you have selected obtain computer generated receipts as required.

Third, obtain a computer generated receipt in Sedalia to stop the clock.

Fourth, bring the receipts and your smiling mug to the IBA desk which will likely be located near the Country Store. Have your bike handy so someone can verify your odometer and you're all done!

Sit back, relax and get ready to enjoy some pizza while you get your certificate.

I'll be doing the Denver route. Can the start city be one of the many suburbs of Denver? Within a specific distance (obviously still completing the 1000 miles)? I live about 60 miles North and could drive to Denver for the start but would rather start here and be 60 miles ahead.

Thanks

Date change

Rob,

First, congratulations on your change of status:thumb, next, I registered with a start date of July 14 from SLC. I'm actually starting on July 17. I'm assuming that it doesn't make any difference since I'm still starting in SLC. But I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks...see you in MO:)

Rob,

First, congratulations on your change of status:thumb, next, I registered with a start date of July 14 from SLC. I'm actually starting on July 17. I'm assuming that it doesn't make any difference since I'm still starting in SLC. But I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks...see you in MO:)

Hey thanks for the props! We wanted to be sure we'd be able to flee the scene in the hack so we had our favorite dealer in the house. ;)

i-wr2RVjV-M.jpg

Don't worry about the start date change. The only issue is the start location, that can't change.

Back