• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Surefoot sidestand

PineGreen

Interested in getting a Surefoot from Motobins in the UK for my 92 RT. Anyone out there who can give me some info on the best way to contact them? Should I call them next week or would Email be better . Anyone have one for sale or know of one that could be had. Thanks George

[QUOTEAnyone out there who can give me some info on the best way to contact them? Should I call them next week or would Email be better . [/QUOTE]

I've done many orders with Motobins over the years. I generally just do it all online, they send an email receipt within the hour. I have had to call them when I had a mixup (my end) or rush order, that gets a bit $$ to talk over the pond.

Lower prices more than make up for the higher shipping is what I have found.

I suggest ordering a spare return spring at the same time. Eventually you'll need it and having a spare handy to replace and go is nice; plus you won't have to pay additional shipping to get it.

I love my Surefoot stand.

Just order from Motobins like you would any other online vendor. If you call them, remember that the UK is typically five hours ahead of Eastern. You will get pricing ex. VAT.

I have a Surefoot on mt 1994 R100RT. Nice stout functional design, but not as pretty as something like a Brown. It will take you less than five minutes to fit!

Here's my installation. Note I have retained the original sidestand. Comes in handy from time to time to use both, e.g. on soft ground etc.

R100RT_Monolever_Surefoot_Sidetand_sum.jpg

Thanks folks. Geeat idea keeping the original stand. Thanks for the suggestion on the extra return spring. Happy riding George

Last edited:
Keeping the original stand is also helpful for when that Surefoot spring breaks.....DAMHIK!

Back