• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Golden Gate Canyon Colorado Video -- Following some BMW's

sfarson

Not necessarily a ride report, except to note the road starring in the video is one of many canyon rides leading from the Colorado Front Range to the mountains. I follow two KGT riders, and a VTR rider snuck in to the 3rd spot. I'm on a R1100S, and behind but not seen is a Triumph and GS rider. It was part of a 280 mile Saturday ride.

Haven't posted a vid here in awhile, so FWIW if interested in an armchair ride :)...
Golden Gate Canyon Streaming Video

ggcanyon.jpg

Sweet, sweet clip! Your earlier posts are just as memorable. Production quality is consistently high and you really captured the essence of riding those delightful Colorado roads.

Stay safe so we can keep enjoying your fun. Thanks for the posts!

Bob Randolph

Awe inspiring ride!

Wow, am I every jealous! What a great ride. How fantastic to live someplace where those kinds of scenery, riding and roads are available. Thanks.

By the way, it took quite a long time to load even on a high speed connection, and stopped once at the 4:44 to load again. Way cool video.

:clap :clap :clap

Cool!!

Nice video!! :thumb I am counting down the days to get to the Rockies again!
You live in a riding paradise!! :clap

Thanks! Yeah... it is a hefty almost seven minute vid. Sometimes it is best to right-click and "Save As", downloading it to a hard drive and viewing it from there from then on.... plus more than once as I tend to do :).

Steve

Last edited:
Awesome video

unbelievable roads...saw a small amount of sand there but nowhere near the amounts still on the roads here in CT. That may motivate me to grab some video of a nice ride I take up CT Route 7 past Limerock Park racetrack and back down through NY.

That was totally cool! That VTR guy isn't too comfortable with corners, is he?

What are you using to put these together? Are you running a Mac?

KBasa said:
What are you using to put these together?

Yeah, what he said. Can you give us the whole picture of how you capture such great videos: camera, camera mount, post-ride process, etc? Thanks.

Outstanding. :thumb I'd love to ride Colorado some day. The music you chose was great - who is that? I'm going to watch it again...and again...

KBasa said:
That was totally cool!

What are you using to put these together? Are you running a Mac?

A cheapo Samsung MiniDV is connected to a gas cap ring mount found at sportbikecam.com. Pashnit.com has a good overview of mounting options with pics at: http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm I captured the video to the hard drive and edited it with the free Microsoft Movie Maker software available at their web site.

Last edited:
Blue Knight said:
I always look forward to your clips!!!! What soundtrack did you use this time?

Mike

Mike... Wasn't George Winston this time :).

And terham, the artist is Jars of Clay and the track is "Frail" from their "Much Afraid" release. A very good album. The genre is contemporary Christian.

My best friend lives in Denver. I sure wish he rode!

Great video! One small critique though: Can you leave in some motorcycle sound? Having just music kinda makes the picture seem disconnected from reality... In my version the music would be lower in the mix than the engine, but that's just me. Anyway, not trying to gripe. Thanks for sharing a wonderful clip with us!

The Veg said:
My best friend lives in Denver. I sure wish he rode!

Great video! One small critique though: Can you leave in some motorcycle sound? Having just music kinda makes the picture seem disconnected from reality... In my version the music would be lower in the mix than the engine, but that's just me. Anyway, not trying to gripe. Thanks for sharing a wonderful clip with us!

No just not you :). I had a remote mic in the Corbin Smuggler hatch (see seat below) for a great exhaust note recording to accompany the vid, and... forgot to turn the #%&@ microphone on!

sjun640.jpg

That's a VERY pretty bike! I like how that rear cowl looks on it. I dig how clean it looks with the exhaust run up and under like that too.

Ah Golden Gate Canyon. You have to love any road with double/triple apex turns, decreasing radius corners that are both uphill and downhill. The first time I rode Golden Gate there were a few moments of terror, but now that I have ridden it a couple dozen times, well you caught the feeling pretty well.

PS When is this snow going to stop?

Mouse

Back