• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

European Riders Rally, Burkesville, KY

WDPittman

Uncle Bucks
2012 European Riders Rally May 18th - 20th, 2012

http://www.bmwmcon.org/rally.php

Riders from all over the country gather to enjoy some of the best riding in the Southeast through the foothills of Kentucky and Tennessee. There is free camping on the banks of the beautiful Cumberland River which runs through the middle of quaint downtown Burkesville, KY. There are well maintained toilet and showering facilities (bring your own towel and soap) and a covered pavilion with a fire pit. Hotel reservations are available at both the Riverfront Hotel and Alpine Lodge by calling one number (270-864-3300) for those who prefer hotels. Free shuttle from Alpine Hotel Saturday afternoon and evening. Register early as the rooms tend to fill up.

Rally riders will be treated to a complimentary lunch provided Saturday by Bloodworth Motorcycles, a free steak dinner with all the trimmings on Saturday night and a complimentary Sunday morning breakfast. Riders will also enjoy a Blue Grass Band Friday Night :violinand a top notch live Nashville band Saturday evening, seminars on riding skills, lessons on bike maintenance, door prizes, a 50/50 drawing and free coffee and lemonade all weekend.

Both guided tours and self guided rides will be offered to the old English style town of Rugby, the Maker's Mark distillery and various scenic locations in the area. It is a rider's paradise.

The rally is hosted by the BMW Motorcycle Club of Nashville. Riders may register online using the link below or send email to rally@bmwmcon.org. The first 200 to preregister will get a long sleeved rally shirt and rally pin. Those who register at the door will get a shirt and pin as available.

Cost: $40 to preregister ÔÇö $45 at the door ÔÇö $25 for day passes.

GPS: N36 47.226, W85 22.139

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

In!

Looking forward to it! I hope Doc Dickens will be leading another ride around the area. Vroom Vroom!!!

I went down Thurs. I don't camp & the Riverview was full, the Alpine?..too me is a joke. The restaurant is closed, the pool looks like a swamp, and they tell you to come 3 miles to get ice..LOL!

Couldn't find anything else close, so I just took about a 600 mile ride around Kentucky. Turned out to be a great couple'a days.

Maybe next year?

Ron

Back