• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Time to Consider Volunteering for the Gates at Sedalia!

greenwald

“The 40th Anniversary Rally is getting closer! Whether a returning “volunteer-veteran” or someone looking to jump in for the first time, an excellent way to get your feet wet is to be an MOA Gates Monitor. Along with at least three other rally goers, staff one of only two gates that will be buzzing with activity throughout the day and evenings (shifts are only 2-4 hrs. in length, depending on what you sign up for) as motorcycles arrive for the Rally, or MOA members come and go throughout. No special skills or expectations other than friendly smiles are required. E-mail Gates Chair Kevin Greenwald at: greenwald@charter.net if interested and receive a spreadsheet of availabilities. First come, first serve – sign up for a slot, and it could be yours! Encourage friends to join you and make those couple of hours a fast, fun time together and a rewarding rally experience. Stand on the ‘front lines’ of this historic Rally and become one of The Few, The Proud …. A RALLY VOLUNTEER!”

Gates Chair Kevin Greenwald / Gates Co-Chair George Davies

Last edited:
We're in, Kevin. Just not sure of our arrival day/time so will sign up when we get there.

Pete and Barley

Just had lunch with George "Pineapple" Davies today. The two of us will be coordinating the volunteers for gate duty.

We know many will hopefully volunteer once they are at the Sedalia, but need some commitments prior to it, so that Wednesday (from noon on) is covered.

If you know you'll be there that soon, don't hesitate to step up and grab a brief shift - it's the place to be to watch the Rally take shape! :german:german:german

Gates.........

Don't be shy, there's no better way to meet new friends then volunteering. We sure could use some help on the first couple of days to get everything started.

Give us 3 hours of your time and I guarantee you will meet people you'll look forward to seeing for years to come. Trust me I've been doing this for over 20 years and I've met some of my newest best friends at a National Rally.

Best part about volunteering early is most of the activities don't start till Thursday. Seminars, Vendors, Entertainment, Beer Garden and Volunteering it doesn't get any better then that.

Ride Safe and CYA There,
P

gates

I did a couple of shifts at my first rally the falling leaf last October and thought it was pretty cool. Plan to sign up when I get there. Will commit sooner when I find a room. Looking for 1 within 30 miles any ideas??

Check with the Sedalia motels on a daily basis (you will need to call them) as there WILL be cancelations, even right up to rally week.

I did a couple of shifts at my first rally the falling leaf last October and thought it was pretty cool. Plan to sign up when I get there. Will commit sooner when I find a room. Looking for 1 within 30 miles any ideas??

Check in this forum under "Rooms In Sedalia". I wrote a post about Lincoln University. It may help you out.

Thanks GoFast1320......

Looking forward to meeting you in Sedailia and talking about your handle. I know a little about racing myself.

Ride Safe and CYA there,
P

George and I both 'out of town' for the next several days - he's playing on dirt trails out west - I'm tearing up twisties in the Smoky Mountains starting Thursday.

Neverthelss, please continue to volunteer your time for easy duty at the two gates that will see plenty of activity and interesting sights - great way to wet your feet as a first time Rally Volunteer! :thumb

My e-mail is: greenwald@charter.net

Still need lots more personnel.

George and I both 'out of town' for the next several days - he's playing on dirt trails out west - I'm tearing up twisties in the Smoky Mountains starting Thursday.

Neverthelss, please continue to volunteer your time for easy duty at the two gates that will see plenty of activity and interesting sights - great way to wet your feet as a first time Rally Volunteer! :thumb

My e-mail is: greenwald@charter.net

Still need lots more personnel.

Well - back from a Father's Day weeked at the Tail of the Dragon and other nice roads (HWY 28!) in that area of the Smokies (As for George - not a clue where he's still ripping up dirt trails - hard to get him off a bike!).

Did the Dragon 8 times on Saturday, so that's 88 miles of 2,544 curves - in a day.

No wonder when I got back, I couldn't ride a straight line, which by the way, came in handy as on June 19th, my son and I were students in an ERC at Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI).

Back to business - getting some good response for the Main Gate, but now need volunteers for the 'other' gate - Gate 6. Though not as hectic as the main entrance, still a great place to get your feet wet as a rally volunteer. E-mail me for what shifts are available, and get signed up! :deal

greenwald@charter.net

Thanks - Kevin Greenwald, Gates Chair

I'm coming in sometime later Wednesday. Could do gate duty then. I think doing the gate early is a big disadvantage. Its usually confusing the first hours, as it takes awhile to straighten things out. I'll be ready to help if you want me to.
1der

I'm coming in sometime later Wednesday. Could do gate duty then. I think doing the gate early is a big disadvantage. Its usually confusing the first hours, as it takes awhile to straighten things out. I'll be ready to help if you want me to.
1der

Thanks. I'll be there Wednesday as well - hunt me down and we'll see where you can be put to good use. :thumb

Hey gang - there are two gates that need to be staffed on the Fairgrounds.

Getting some good response for the Main Gate (#12), but lonely Gate 6 also needs staffing.

Zap me or George an e-mail and we'll share the open shifts with you - YOU pick the ones to staff and have fun with all the comings and goings of a vibrant Rally!

See you in Sedalia! :dance

Hey gang - there are two gates that need to be staffed on the Fairgrounds.

Getting some good response for the Main Gate (#12), but lonely Gate 6 also needs staffing.

Zap me or George an e-mail and we'll share the open shifts with you - YOU pick the ones to staff and have fun with all the comings and goings of a vibrant Rally!

See you in Sedalia! :dance

I'm already on for 2 shifts but if you get really stuck let me know. I'll be there by hopefully Monday afternoon.

Rapunzel :)

Back