• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

SENA smh5 installed into Shoei rf1100

wisconsinkris

Received the sena smh5 I ordered today. Installed into my Shoei rf1100. Connected to iPhone 4s. I'm on a 2005 f650cs.

Rode home and it works sweet. Works with Siri. Plenty of volume. I still had ear plugs in. The interface is a snap to use.

Jammin to Dire Straits. Hit the button. The three different people I called had no idea I was on a motorcycle and doing 85 down the interstate passing semi's.

Day one....so far I'm diggin it!

I love my Sena too. Besides music and phone, it's terrific for talking with my passenger on a trip. Have you tried Pandora? That's my main music source now. :thumb

Received the sena smh5 I ordered today. Installed into my Shoei rf1100. Connected to iPhone 4s. I'm on a 2005 f650cs.

Rode home and it works sweet. Works with Siri. Plenty of volume. I still had ear plugs in. The interface is a snap to use.

Jammin to Dire Straits. Hit the button. The three different people I called had no idea I was on a motorcycle and doing 85 down the interstate passing semi's.

Day one....so far I'm diggin it!
This is some good info Kris. Many of the members have trouble getting their "com systems" to pair up and work properly. :thumb

Update....2 months later

Still digging the smh5

I have an hour commute both ways....sounds is good. Wearing ear plugs and volume turned up only enough to hear the tunes so I can still hear what is going on around me.

I charge it once a week. I think the battery life is understated. It seems like the battery lasts forever.

Calls I receive (I rarely initiate calls) sound great. They have no idea I'm on a motorcycle.

Works well with Siri on an iPhone4s. Hit button...."play avett brothers"....tunes are in my ears!

Back