• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need a stock seat for an '84 R65

HERRBAYEMVAY

Lovin' my CLC!
Hey, all....

I just picked up my 2nd R65 this past weekend, a 1984 with 108k miles on the clock, owned for the past 10 years by a German living in Virginia who took VERY good care of the bike. After riding it for the past few days, I love everything about it EXCEPT the seat. The previous owner installed a Corbin seat on the bike, which I have noticed has me sliding a little closer to the gas tank than I would like to sit, and also tends to make me place a little more weight on my wrists than I am used to. My prior Beemer, a 1981 R65, had a stock seat which fit me just fine and I liked the seating position a lot. I think I would like to switch back to a stock seat. I would like a stock seat, in good condition, at a reasonable price. I would certainly consider swapping my Corbin with someone who has a stock seat for a 1984 R65 in good condition as well. If anyone knows where I can find a stock seat in good condition, I sure would appreciate it! Thanks!! John J. :)

Back