• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Major KLIM fit issue

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
Waited for months for the dealer to get some Traverse gear in.

Finally got the call today. I just got a 46 chest heated vest and took it. Traverse jacket size XL fit acceptably but arms a bit long. Without vest, a bit loose. Felt nice and light and i was eager to buy...

Now, the size 38 pants fit at the waist, now that i am a bit slimmer. But, the length in the legs between waist and knee was very long. Armor ended up well below the knee when standing, even though the dealer put it in the higher of the two allowed positions. Granted, on the bike the armor was at a better place, but if i fell, it would not protect my knee at all.

I declined to buy. Now, must go back and research and find someplace to try on. Not so many places to go to, even near a major city like Toronto. Damn.

Hmm. I don't know that I would give a 'thumbs down' for KLIM for your fit issue Ed. Kinda makes it look like it's KLIMs fault when it's not.

Though I realize there's some wait time involved, KLIM Adventure Gear will be a vendor at the 2012 Iron Butt National in Denver, CO this August.

If you can make it, I'd wager they can help you out.

Another option is to contact them directly to see how they may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.

Well, the armor in a sloppily designed pocket in a wrong place on the knee is real common in a lot of the junk Asian gear on the market- I've seen it in a lot of stuff I've tried on and I'm a very ordinary 38" W guy 6 ft tall. Sometimes off by 3 inches or more at the closest position!
Its a bit of a surprise for Klim to me though. One wouldn't expect this sort of thing from a more upscale US or Euro based maker. I've tried their jackets but not pants and generally found the fit to be good.

Personally, for textile gear I like RevIt stuff. Never had any issue with their fit and I simply mail order off size charts for jacket and pants. They've got a range of models from mid to upper-mid price points including models made from the GoreTex laminate. I stick to the "removable rain liner" types myself because I prefer an external GoreTex rain suit if doing a rainy day ride.

Hey, I said thumbs down on the issue, not KLIM

Hmm. I don't know that I would give a 'thumbs down' for KLIM for your fit issue Ed. Kinda makes it look like it's KLIMs fault when it's not.

Though I realize there's some wait time involved, KLIM Adventure Gear will be a vendor at the 2012 Iron Butt National in Denver, CO this August.

If you can make it, I'd wager they can help you out.

Another option is to contact them directly to see how they may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.

Let's understand how the forum software works. The thumbs down was for the issue.

I had been talking to the dealer and they to KLIM. The issue of me wanting to try the fit and not do the web buy was because I knew there might be a problem and they all knew that, or should have known it if the dealer told them.

I am going cross US and cross Canada in June. I need the answer now. I have been actively seeking the answer since last October. No help.

I have decided the extra money for an Aerostich 2-piece with custom adjustments is my solution. No other vendor seems to be able to help, and what I thought was a very high price now seems to be reasonable.

I hope I am not let down.

If the fit hips to knee was better, no question, I'd buy KLIM; Jacket was acceptable.

And, there are lots of posts with us short guys (29.5 inseam) with fit problems of the bikes and gear. I just wanted to let folks know. I really would have loved to buy the KLIM Traverse.

Last edited:
>I have decided the extra money for an Aerostich 2-piece with custom adjustments is my solution. No other vendor seems to be able to help, and what I thought was a very high price now seems to be reasonable.

Take a look at Motoport. They custom build everything, and tho their prices are fairly 'strong', they are right on par with KLIM and Aerostitch. (Look at their 'sizing' section and you'll see just how exact they can get your fit!)

I have found KLIM to be way too expensive for what they build. Aerostitch has been well recieved by riders for years.

Motoport supplies lots of LEO departments and their kevlar stuff and extensive armor offers stellar protection.

Steve in Oregon

>I have decided the extra money for an Aerostich 2-piece with custom adjustments is my solution. No other vendor seems to be able to help, and what I thought was a very high price now seems to be reasonable.

Take a look at Motoport. (www.motoport.com) They custom build everything, and tho their prices are fairly 'strong', they are right on par with KLIM and Aerostitch. (Look at their 'sizing' section and you'll see just how exact they can get your fit!)

I have found KLIM to be way too expensive for what they build. Aerostitch has been well recieved by riders for years.

Motoport supplies lots of LEO departments and their kevlar stuff and extensive armor offers stellar protection.

Steve in Oregon

Back