• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Former/Current HD Riders

Between a little pleasure riding and commuting a couple of days, I've managed to put almost 1,000 miles on my Night Train this week. While I do love the bike and I'll never part with it, I've gotten so spoiled by the ride, handling, brakes, acceleration, and relative silence of the GS/A.

Funny thing though is that from a tactile standpoint, the Adventure has that same tingle through the bars, pegs, and seat that the Softail does. They're really more similar than a lot of people like to admit.

Harley's aren't ultra fast and they handle just ok. Nevertheless my 2004 Super Glide Sport brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. On a ride from WV to Colorado and back it never missed a beat and was really a pleasant ride to tour on.

IMG_0407.jpg

Harley's aren't ultra fast and they handle just ok. Nevertheless my 2004 Super Glide Sport brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. On a ride from WV to Colorado and back it never missed a beat and was really a pleasant ride to tour on.

IMG_0407.jpg

I was so close to getting an FXDX when I bought my 'Train. In hindsight, the DX would have been the better choice.

my take

I had a 05 HD and an 03 Suzuki Burgman-the Burgman was superior in every way so the HD was sold at a great loss, so much for the great resale value. I don't regret the experience, just the big loss financially. Could have had a real nice airhead for half of what I had in the HD. Live and learn.

rio... your thoughts on that "springer". I drove one years ago, but it was attached to a '47 FL.

2009 hd crossbones

rio... your thoughts on that "springer". I drove one years ago, but it was attached to a '47 FL.

took it out to dayton, ohio from eastern long island several times (750 miles each way non stop) to see the grandkids. no problems at all.. 42 mpg @ 70mph or so..

6078178408_efe6a05f12_b.jpg

(did get rid of the apes)

6757046751_8bb6e4ae05_z.jpg

I had a 05 HD and an 03 Suzuki Burgman-the Burgman was superior in every way so the HD was sold at a great loss, so much for the great resale value. I don't regret the experience, just the big loss financially. Could have had a real nice airhead for half of what I had in the HD. Live and learn.

Accroding to my friend who has one, the Burgman 650 is superior to many bikes. However, it weighs as much or more than my airhead and uses more gas.

So, if you put throw over saddlebags on that Crossbones, does that make it a Crossdresser? :nyah :kiss

Accroding to my friend who has one, the Burgman 650 is superior to many bikes. However, it weighs as much or more than my airhead and uses more gas.

That's the problem with all the mega scooters. Compare BMW's new scooter to their F650 twin. The scooter weighs considerably more, consumes more gas, isn't as fast, and costs at least as much. If you need an automatic buy a Honda NC700X.

Sorry for the drift, now back to the Harleys :D

I liked my SuperGlide Custom well enough and it never let me down mechanically, but once I picked up my RT it rarely came out of the garage.

And that's a shame because it was a nice bike to just tool along back roads on, but I eventually sold it as I couldn't justify the expense of keeping a garage queen.

Back