• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forgot something ... No USB ... IPOD kicks out

R

ricoefamoso

Have been reading that others are having this issue. When I read that some are concerned that the dealer may charge for the upgrade irritates me. My IPOD/USB kicks out often ... I will ask the dealer to re-program it when they replace the left hand signal indicator. These bikes are under warrenty ... for 3 years ... 36 months. They had better not charge me for a warrenty covered issue or I will run my 2012 GT through their show room window.

Have been reading that others are having this issue. When I read that some are concerned that the dealer may charge for the upgrade irritates me. My IPOD/USB kicks out often ... I will ask the dealer to re-program it when they replace the left hand signal indicator. These bikes are under warrenty ... for 3 years ... 36 months. They had better not charge me for a warrenty covered issue or I will run my 2012 GT through their show room window.

This is a problem that all of us had until the latest software/firmware release for the bike. But, as silly as it seems, it's important that you report your bike's problem to you dealer so that they can log it. Once it's on record that your bike has the "no usb" problem, then your warranty service load from the dealer should be no problem. You can probably imagine in a system like this that there will be software loads that come available that may not apply to every bike and I think it's not unreasonable to say that fixing a problem is one thing, but if you bring your bike in for an upgrade because you read about it on a forum and you want the dealer to spend 30 minutes on it for no reason other than "it's available" - charging for that doesn't seem unreasonable. That's clearly not the case in the "no usb" scenario but I can see why they would want a documented problem before performing warranty service.

I was told the early Bikes had radios that were not "updated". Regardless,mine was replaced at no charge and the Ipod/USB function has returned and the sound quality through my Schuberth Blue tooth is much much better.

Back