• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1600 Mods, Farkles and Other Refinements

jogitu

So what have you done to your 1600 and please, please, please post a photo so we can all see the wisdom of the mod. We all are learning here so let's pave the way for others. I will when the mods are on I promise.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334853339.780170.jpghere's a picture of me 60lbs ago. :). Since then I've added Russell day long seat, engine bars, ilium works highway pegs, a ztechnik windshield and cee bailey bag liners. When I drop another 60 I'll post another picture. :)

View attachment 31881here's a picture of me 60lbs ago. :). Since then I've added Russell day long seat, engine bars, ilium works highway pegs, a ztechnik windshield and cee bailey bag liners. When I drop another 60 I'll post another picture. :)

Congrats on the 60lb loss. That's like gaining horsepower. What engine guards did you buy and would you do it again? Same with windshield.

Good luck on the next 60!

I got the BMW guards and they seem fine. Windshield is better than stock but I suspect there's better out there now or will be shortly

Debadged chrome GTL strips
Hard Wired plug for my earbuds
Tennis Racquet Tape and Grip Puppies
Illum Floorboards and shift extender
RKA bag liners
Reflective tape for bags
Piaa H7 High Beam Bulbs
Direct to battery pigtails for Battery Tender and Gerbings Heated jacket

Russel Day Long Seat (production scheduled late September)
Cee Bailey Windshield with vent (waiting for delivery)
Skene P3 taillights (waiting for delivery)

How did you wire the bike for your earbuds? Thanks
Jeff

Disconnect the speakers and wire them into a Line Level Adaptor then drilled a hole in the side pannel to mount the plug. I had the same setup on my LT.

Clarion CCAAUX Female 3.5mm Stereo Mini-Jack to Male RCA Extension Cable with Integrated Cover $22

21UezvpoEdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Stinger SGN13 Adjustable Line Output Converter $22

21pgaoAEL9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Why the adapter?

Disconnect the speakers and wire them into a Line Level Adaptor then drilled a hole in the side pannel to mount the plug. I had the same setup on my LT.

Can you tell me the advantage to using a line level adapter to RCA with the female 3.5 mm plug end versus just hooking up a 3.5mm female plug on a pig tail right to the speaker wire?

Can you tell me the advantage to using a line level adapter to RCA with the female 3.5 mm plug end versus just hooking up a 3.5mm female plug on a pig tail right to the speaker wire?

It will be too loud if you don't use the line level adapter even on the lowest setting. Your earbud speakers can't handle the same power as the dash speakers.

Wow that looks great..

That Back Rest... Where did you get that? I was looking at the Sargent one.. .The one you have looks much nicer!

Wow that looks great..

That Back Rest... Where did you get that? I was looking at the Sargent one.. .The one you have looks much nicer!

The back rest is from Bak-Up (sp ?) It is the one for the R1200RT, which fits the 16GT.
As does the top case, which I use also, instead of the oversized and overpriced case for the 16.
Installation is a breeze. I usually switch back between back rest and top case in 5 minutes.

The back rest is from Bak-Up (sp ?) It is the one for the R1200RT, which fits the 16GT.
As does the top case, which I use also, instead of the oversized and overpriced case for the 16.
Installation is a breeze. I usually switch back between back rest and top case in 5 minutes.

Awesome Thanks... My Wife will love it!

Russell Day Long seat with backrest and 3" of foam added.

I am 6'4" with 35" inseam so I had them add 3 inches to my seat. I can barely flatfoot it now and my knee pain is gone. When I first test road the GTL I knew that I needed to have the seat raised before I could be comfortable. I also had a RDL seat on my LT so I was familiar with their work. If your knees are cramped on the GT/L, I highly suggest a custom seat with a 2 - 3 inches of foam added.

kaygee-albums-kaygee-picture829-rdl-seat.jpg

The GT seat is higher than that of the GTL. I could not sit on the GTL. Tried it out on the shop floor, started to hurt right away.

Back