• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brembo Brake Pads '11 R1200RT

scooter trash

I'll ride anything
2011 R1200rt. Anyone using Brembo brake pads on their RT?
If so how do you like them and where did you get them.
Thanks.

I thought Tokico were the Asian spec brakes on Honda, Kawas and Suzukis? Where did you see them as OEM BMW?
Our 1100R is stamped Brembro and use the same pads as the BMW stamped 1150 & 1200's...although I use Carbone Lorraine on most of our bikes.

My 2010 RT has BMW lableled on the "outside" of the calipers and Brembo labeled on the "inside" of the calipers.. so do I have Tokico and Brembo pads ;-)

My BMW dealer parts guy told me about the different pads. I was just
trying to find a cheaper place to buy the pads then the BMW dealer.

My 2010 RT has BMW lableled on the "outside" of the calipers and Brembo labeled on the "inside" of the calipers.. so do I have Tokico and Brembo pads ;-)

You are correct. I went out and looked so do mine. :banghead

Guess the only question now is where do I get them cheaper than the dealer!!

I understood the OEM pads were Brembo (as certainly the calipers are). I now have EBC and they work just fine, at least as good as the OEM.

Brembo brake pads and disks

About ten years ago, a german motorcycle magazine did a very technical test of various brake pads for a BMW. The highest rated were Brembo Red series pads. Actually, original BMW pads on my 2007 1200 RT had the brembo logo stamped (so do the disks) but they did not fare well in the comparison. The trade-off is disk wear.

At 128000 km, I am on my third set of disks.

I get my Brembo Red pads from Europe, notably Motorworks.co.uk : very good prices, excellent service and fast delivery (to Canada - to USA, I don't know). Tried an italian supplier years ago too, delivery was problematic to say the least.
Front pads : 07BB26.SA two packs needed
Rear pads : 07BB28.SP one pack needed

The disks I also got from Europe : Brembo Series Oro. For the front, you have to be very careful to pick the proper model (thicknesses vary, so do undercuts, washers, screws...) or to go with a bobbin (floating) retrofit package for older RTs (see BMW service bulletin 34.006.08).
Front disks : 68.B407.D7 for me
Rear disk : 68.B407.C0

According to Brembo's mounting instructions, you can reuse disk mounting screws, using blue Loctite.

Result : great braking for a lot less dollars...

Back