• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brazen Head Inn - High Recommendation

PittsDriver

Fuse lit....
In West Virginia, on 219 about 7 miles north of Snowshoe/66 is a log construction Irish tavern and inn that I can't recommend highly enough. We had been riding all day and needed a place to stay and got referred here by the nice lady at the Par Mor convenience store. It's the largest log construction building in West Virginia and owned and operated by the nicest couple. Just so happens, Friday night they had two national champion flat picking guitars there, two brothers that would give Chet Atkins or Roy Clark a run for their money. Great food was served all-you-can-eat buffet style for dinner and breakfast. Very comfortable clean rooms with all the hot water I could stand. I'll definitely be back there and it's centrally located to some pretty awesome roads as well.

In West Virginia, on 219 about 7 miles north of Snowshoe/66 is a log construction Irish tavern and inn that I can't recommend highly enough.

It's a sweet place, great people, music, food, and riding -- we did a spring get together there in April 2010:

7081462055_bf758f2cfd_b.jpg

Brazenhead .... I agree

I have stayed at the Brazenhead a number of times and agree the owners could not be nicer and the place is a hoot to stay at. Nice accommodations, good food and often great music. On one evening the owners pulled out their fiddles and did a jam session for just the 4 of us on the trip. Very cool. They did have a carved totem pole outside that I leaned on while putting on my rain gear and it fell over on my bike and a friends bike. OUCH! Very little damage to other than my ego and reputation. :) I think they may have moved,or secured it somewhere else based on the picture above. This area has some of the best riding in America.

Back