• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Install Cardo G4 on Schuberth C3

SGTBILL

The Big Red One
Has anyone retro fit their Scala Rider G4 onto a C3. I hate the idea of paying 400 ducats for a BT outfit I already have.

At first I tried to use the clamp, but wasn't about to mess with the fit; that little bit would have made a (now) perfect fit too tight. So instead, I went with the sticky tape. Speaking of tape, you'll see I wrapped the boom with electrical tape to protect it from getting squeezed and rubbed everytime I close the face cover. Just make sure you test fit the thing to ensure the center of the mic lines up with your mouth. That and make sure you mount it far back enough so you can extend the sun shade.

Attachments

• Cardo1.jpg
    Cardo1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 6,544
Did exactly the same setup on my C3. The 3 way tape will hold the hell out of it! Some G4 communicators have a short mike boom, it might not work as good!

Muchas Garcias

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I'll try to adapt my Scala rather than buying the Schuberth system. Maybe even get a bit more range with that external antennae.

Thanks - G9x Power set on C3

Thanks folks. I spent the morning trying to mount the new Cardo Scalarider G9x my wife bought me for Christmas on my Schuberth C3 Pro. One of those grommets that the liner plugs into broke in the process. The clamp was not working to well, so I stopped. Think I will take your advice and go with the tape.

Back