• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volunteering

blkb1rd

When is the Rally going to start needed people to man gates and other type jobs... The info on the Rally states that no one can camp before Wed ...I think. Does that mean no one is needed before that.... Ray Zimmerman, there are people out here who want to help..

BMW MOA National Rallies are entirely volunteer driven, from top to bottom. We can always use more help, not just for set up, but all rally long. Please be sure to stop at the Volunteer Sign Up booth by the Registration Area in the Civic Center to see where you might be able to become part of the total Rally experience as a volunteer. You can also go to the Rally Committee Chair list on the Rally web pages and contact a chair for the area you are interested directly prior to your arrival in Charleston.

The Rally starts on Thursday, 10 July.

Our contracts with the various camping facilities state that they will be available on Wednesday, 9 July, for Rally set up volunteers. Some volunteers, Security, Registration and Receiving come immediately to mind, willbe arriving on Tuesday to help with the initial setup. Any body who shows up at a cmpground on Wednesday will be drafted as a volunteer to help with some aspect of the Rally setup. If you just want to grab a "good spot" and go out riding, please wait until Thursday to show up

Thanks for your offer to help with set up Blkbird. We can always use more offers like that.

See you in Charleston.

I offer my homble services as a gate guard or security member for the days need before the Rally and during it (the things I'll do for a free hat). I do not limit my services to just those mentioned above, I will do anything to help (well just about anything). Just tell me what day to be there.

Thanks for your offer of assistance. Anybody interested in helping with pre rally security at the Civic Cneter or any of the camping areas should contact Security Comm Chair Jeff Gregg directly. Jeff doesn't have e amil, but you can phone him at 740-286-6669. For pre rally set up with any of the other committees, please contact the appropriate Committee Chair. Don't forget to also stop by the Volunteer Sign Up area next to Rally Registration in the Civic Center during the Rally as well. We can always use help.

Able to Volunteer

Michael:
ount me in as a volunteer. I can and will work anywhere you need a body.
Squrew the hat, I work for fun?
Ed Moore

Who or where do I volenteer for security? I like the late night shifts, but can work any time I am needed. I Will be there Wed. Rebel

That's the attitude guys!!! You'll have a great time helping out. And you'll make new friends and meet some great people. For those of you that have never volunteered at your International Rally, well, you're missing out on a great experience. I know it's fun to go to the rally and just enjoy, heck, it's your vacation. However, by volunteering for just one shift (of any function), you'll make your rally experience complete. This is the world's largest BMW motorcycle gathering, and it's hosted by volunteers...don't miss being part of the action.

Ride Like the Wind...see you in Charleston!

Chuck Manley
Director, BMW MOA
'02 Black K1200RS (aka "Einstein")

Back