• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rounders season is officially over right???

Bigrider said:
The Rounder thread may pick up again when those southern riders start telling us about their four hour rides in 115 degree desert heat. How many stop riding when the heat and humidity gets up there?

Dave H

heat??? looking forward to it. 37 degrees with some very, very light snow flurries floating around on my way in this morning. almost made me forget it is three days into MAY! rounders cannot complain whether it be hot or cold on account of our motto is No Whining.

Last week Anchorage set 5 record high days, the temps last Monday thru Friday all were in the low 70s beating the old records by an average of 8 degrees each day. This week the forecasted temps are to be in the high 50s to the low 60s and we are up to 16 hours of daylight and gaining 6 minutes a day of it! :clap

And Yes......I did leave work early last week but,........only on three days. :thumb

Lets ride!!

Cliffy777 said:
rounders cannot complain whether it be hot or cold on account of our motto is No Whining.

if winter doesn't go away soon you'll need to consider changing it to "no sweat!"

:brow

Hail and snow today here in Ohio. I believe the ice ages are returning. Some idiot said 70 and sunny this weekend. I will believe it when I see it.

dancogan said:
Didn't ride to work today because there was a freeze alert for this area. Never have liked the thought of riding on a thin film of ice. Now, looking out the window, the snow flurries confirm the decision. But it's supposed to be better by tomorrow and the weekend is looking tremendous! Anyone going to the mini rally in Sturgis, Michigan?

Where in SE Mich are you? I missed the freeze alert, and rode anyway. Didn't see any flurries until after I got back home. Was a good ride. :)

Mini Rally

BradfordBenn said:
I might pop up, but probably not camp. If you are going to be there, I can make a special effort.

I'm not planning on camping there, either. But I'm thinking of leaving home around 8:00 am, which should get me there around 10:00 or a little after. I'd love to meet you if you'll be there. Can't camp because we have a family visit to Columbus for Mother's Day.

:D

Down by Ann Arbor

einnar said:
Where in SE Mich are you? I missed the freeze alert, and rode anyway. Didn't see any flurries until after I got back home. Was a good ride. :)

It was the Detroit TV channels I was watching during breakfast that gave the freeze alert. I'm just SW of Ann Arbor. Enough to scare me off the road for an early commute. By mid-morning it was snowing, and then turned to rain. Just one of those days. Where are you in SE MI?

dancogan said:
I'm not planning on camping there, either. But I'm thinking of leaving home around 8:00 am, which should get me there around 10:00 or a little after. I'd love to meet you if you'll be there. Can't camp because we have a family visit to Columbus for Mother's Day.

:D

So the question is where and when to meet. I am trying to get my wife's boss and GS rider to come along so once I know his plans we can scheme - I mean plan. Now where is Iron Mike?

A plan ... in the early stages

BradfordBenn said:
So the question is where and when to meet. I am trying to get my wife's boss and GS rider to come along so once I know his plans we can scheme - I mean plan. Now where is Iron Mike?

Might be easiest to just exchange cell phone numbers. I always have mine with me, even though it's turned off and in a pocket while I ride. But once there, I can leave it on, pick up voice mail, etc.

I've hesitated to apply for membership because for me, "winterizing" means putting the perf jacket away. But as qualifications, I CAN produce pictures of my bikes in, on, and around snow! :D
It's true that summer is the tough one around here. So far in 4 years I've only abandoned a ride once. North Shore Drive (around Lake Mead) and it was 112 at the ranger station. 12 miles later I realized the "wind chill factor" doesn't apply over 100 degrees. :dunno It's just more hot air! I ended a "pleasure ride" because it just wasn't fun. Luckily the commute is <4 miles so even temps above 110 are bearable.

Hang on, Summer is just around the corner.

>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.

dlearl said:
I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.

I use the Held Storm Gloves and they have a squeege built into the left index finger.

dlearl said:
>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

Turtle Wax sheds the rain drops without the multi-colored swirlies.

my belstaff gloves have the squeege on the back of the hand, but they're too small, i got them with my jacket on ebay

Back