• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rounders season is officially over right???

B

BUBBAZANETTI

ride report:

04/25/05

commute to work - 40 miles

temperature -36 degrees

weather - overcast w/wet pavement at my place, raining 5 miles later all the way to work

conditions: perfect! :)

by definition "rounders" don't have a single season. so you continue on with your rounder efforts bubba - obviously mother nature is not aware that once the bmwmoa milage contest starts that you are supposed to have lovely weather each and every day. it is a lot warmer here.....39 degrees as i prepare for work....least there ain't no rain.

Monday Morn

Meadville PA 4-25-05

Attachments

• snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 151
Just a little rant for a Thursday morning: I am SO ready for Spring! I am SO sick of putting ALL of my gear on to go for a ride!!!!

It takes me forever to gear up and I feel like the stay-puff marshmallow while riding. Ugh! :banghead

37 degrees here in Milwaukee.

boxergrrlie said:
I am SO ready for Spring! ......
37 degrees here in Milwaukee.

Gee BG, you mean this isn't spring??

38 here in Meadville, but sunny :brow

Mid 60s and off and on rain here in Marin today. Should be clearer and warmer this weekend. We're winding down our 'winter' weather, which consists of rain. When it stops some time over the next couple weeks, we won't see rain again until this fall.

KBasa said:
Mid 60s and off and on rain here in Marin today. Should be clearer and warmer this weekend. We're winding down our 'winter' weather, which consists of rain. When it stops some time over the next couple weeks, we won't see rain again until this fall.

When I was down in the shipping area at work today, I asked about shipping snowballs. Just so you know. It is possible, and I now know how to do it
:stick

I think I'll celebrate my first day of un-employment by taking a ride...it's going to be 60 and sunny....I'm only scheduling job interviews when it's raining...like Monday.

I don't THINK Rounder Season is over quite yet. I fly to Seattle later today to pick up a bike I bought and ride it 1300 miles back home. It snowed all day yesterday here in Colorado and apparently all last night, too. Woke up to about six inches of the nasty binniz in the street. The weather map shows that I am going to have a nasty ride the whole way. [insert foul language here]

if my understanding is correct, rounder season by definition is never over. rounders ride year round.

username said:
if my understanding is correct, rounder season by definition is never over. rounders ride year round.

You are correct sir. There is no end to Rounder season, we are rounders cause we ride year round. So as soon as one season ends, say December 31, the new one begins the next day, January 1.

Still!

Ok,
39 degrees when I came down this morning.....

up to 40 degrees when I went home for lunch and back to the office....BUT it was through snow flurries! :doh

More snow

Just to make you guys feel better I saw some snow this weekend.

haha, "rounders" and "season" - contradictory terms, what was i thinking???

anyway, had the scarriest mc trip of my life tonight, i was freelancing out near boston and when i left at 8 it was drizziling, after about 15 miles on the pike it was pouring, visibility was crap and kept thinking that i was gonna run over a dead animal i couldn't see. the 18 wheelers were out in force and i was constantly surrounded, the Yardbirds on the ipod were not cheering me up and my jacket finally soaked through for the first time since i bought it (although the pants were dry as a bone, thanks todd!!), i got into the house about an hour ago and pretty much fell through the front door, normally a 2 hr ride, took almost 3

oh yeah, and it hailed

also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

BubbaZanetti said:
oh yeah, and it hailed

nice! on days like that it's a little harder to convince car drivers what losers they are. :D

BubbaZanetti said:
also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

i had one of those little thumb squeegee thingys from aerostich, and i used it on the interstate with trucks everywhere, and it was good. granted, you have to take your hand off the bar for a second, which is dangerous. of course, when riding through the wash of 18-wheelers, nothing works, you just gotta punch through and hope the motorcycle gods are smiling upon you. or else hang way back.

The Rounder thread may pick up again when those southern riders start telling us about their four hour rides in 115 degree desert heat. How many stop riding when the heat and humidity gets up there?

Dave H

Freeze alert

Didn't ride to work today because there was a freeze alert for this area. Never have liked the thought of riding on a thin film of ice. Now, looking out the window, the snow flurries confirm the decision. But it's supposed to be better by tomorrow and the weekend is looking tremendous! Anyone going to the mini rally in Sturgis, Michigan?

Back