Thread: '02 1150 GSA No Spark Issue

'02 1150 GSA No Spark Issue

Uh Oh...washed my bike yesterday like I have many times before...after washing I took off around the neighborhood to dry the brakes and such..bike starts to stutter and stall, refires and dies again...push the fat pig 4 blocks home and it fires up briefly and then died for good....no spark..all lites/fuel pump/warning lites etc up running...no spark...attempted to dry out the Hall switch, pulled the cover of of motor, rinsed out behind the pulley with contact cleaner, have a small fan blowing on it now. Right side grip with kill switch appears dry as well...wd40'd the side stand switch too, even though it will start in neutral normally.wd'd the ignition assembly also... Bike is mad at me...just turned over 100K Sunday...my guess is hall switch wiring harness...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WETDOG View Post
    Uh Oh...washed my bike yesterday like I have many times before...after washing I took off around the neighborhood to dry the brakes and such..bike starts to stutter and stall, refires and dies again...push the fat pig 4 blocks home and it fires up briefly and then died for good....no spark..all lites/fuel pump/warning lites etc up running...no spark...attempted to dry out the Hall switch, pulled the cover of of motor, rinsed out behind the pulley with contact cleaner, have a small fan blowing on it now. Right side grip with kill switch appears dry as well...wd40'd the side stand switch too, even though it will start in neutral normally.wd'd the ignition assembly also... Bike is mad at me...just turned over 100K Sunday...my guess is hall switch wiring harness...any thoughts?
    You are on the right track if it is the original sensor
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Paul Glaves just mentioned a temporary fix to a wet HES for a guy in another thread yesterday. Right here: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....779#post766779
    Last edited by Happy Wanderer; 04-05-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: type
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT