• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Milwaukee restaurant recs requested

cruisincruzan

Ute's Chauffeur
We are going to Milwaukee in late May and would like recommendations for restaurants. We are particularly interested in German food as my wife is from Stuttgart and likes to sample her"peeps" food (of course commenting to me how it just isn't the real thing). Thanks

We are going to Milwaukee in late May and would like recommendations for restaurants. We are particularly interested in German food as my wife is from Stuttgart and likes to sample her"peeps" food (of course commenting to me how it just isn't the real thing). Thanks

When my son and I go to Milwaukee Bucks games (NBA), this restaurant lies between where we park (near the Milwaukee School of Engineering) and the Bradley Center Arena.

World-famous German heritage location - bring your stein or purchase an authentic German one there and have a beer on me! :drink

Take a look at the distinquished guests that have patronized this landmark restaurant - then add your names to the list.

http://www.madersrestaurant.com/

You will find parking just west of the restaurant, and a stroll along the river walk may also prove entertaining. Enjoy Maders!

Yes by all means Maders, she will be impressed, would like to hear what she says though!

for non-German food...
burgers - Sobelman's: burgers in an old tavern, try the Sobelburger (3 kinds of cheese, bacon, grilled jalapenos & onions) (www.milwaukeesbestburgers.com)

frozen custard - Kopp's (3 locations) vanilla, chocolate and flavor of the day - think Haagen-Daz but better! (www.kopps.com)

fancy dress-up restaurant- Lake Park Bistro... beautiful Lake Michigan views, great food (www.lakeparkbistro.com)

incredibly cheap, funky Mexican - Conejito's: a bar with cheap but tasty Mexican food (served on paper plates) You and a friend can eat/drink very well for under $20 total! (www.conejitos-place.com)

If you're in town on a Friday, check out the classic Friday fish fry (a tradition in these parts) at Lakefront Brewery - including a polka band and get a tour of the brewery!!
(www.lakefrontbrewery.com or for the fish fry: www.lakefrontpalmgarden.com)

or a favorite for all the candidates for the Presidential office:
American Serb Hall: but their fish fry is cod only, no perch or anything else
(www.americanserbhall.com)

hope these help! If you need other suggestions, you can always research dining and more at www.onmilwaukee.com
(I"m not an employee, just a satisfied user of the site)
:eat:eat:eat:drink

Last edited:
Maders is fantastic. Whenever we ride to Kettle-Moraine we stop at Maders for dinner on the way back.

Great food !!!

I have been to both Mader's and Ratzsch's and highly recommend them both for German food. If we are staying downtown we will usually eat at one or the other. If you are in the mood for hamburgers and custard, I also second the Kopp's recommendation.

You're suggestions are giving us a serious case of the anticipatory food drools. Thanks again we are very much looking forward to the trip.

Hi: It's not a restaurant, but Google usingers. They will ship their product so you can have German type sausages and meats at your home. It would have been nice if your visit could have been timed to coincide with Germanfest at the Summerfest grounds. try germanfest.com I hope you enjoy your visit. Frank Coleman

Hi: It's not a restaurant, but Google usingers. They will ship their product so you can have German type sausages and meats at your home. It would have been nice if your visit could have been timed to coincide with Germanfest at the Summerfest grounds. try germanfest.com I hope you enjoy your visit. Frank Coleman

And Usingers is right across the street from Mader's

This year German Fest is 7/26-29th. They have some great German food and beer as well as about 5 stages of music going on. It's really a great festival and I have been there 3 times so far. It's especially good to go to after watching the Cubs BEAT the Brewers as the usually do....lol.

www.germanfest.com

Back