• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New MOA Logo

I'm still waiting to hear how they came to it. The prez message says it represents us by saying "I'm the MOA". No it doesn't. Unless BMW is now making space vehicles.

It is a radical departure from the original and in my opinion cold and uninviting.

Carry on.

Same problem as with the "old" logo.

As with the old logo, the "map" of the Americas (well, most of North America, all of Central America, and a little of South America) completely omits the easternmost part of North America... that is to say, the island of Newfoundland. :dunno

Yeah, PEI, Cuba, Jamaica and Hispaniola are also missing, but all together, they don't equal the land mass of Newfoundland. Some might think it insignificant, but I posit that if Newfoundland was part of the US of A, the omission would have been corrected by now. FFS, we've been seeing Earth from space for half a century now, & we know what it looks like. It shouldn't be too hard to get it right. :banghead

The above is a little tongue-in-cheek (but valid nonetheless), and FWIW, it doesn't affect my riding at all. I'll still ride in Newfoundland when I get the chance, and treat the inhabitants like fellow Americans while I'm at it. :laugh

JP

No Red. Did you also notice, no Brown, Green, Yellow, Pink, Orange, others. All perfectly good colors. I'm speechless. :violin:hug;)

The grey horizontal shading is supposed to give the logo a look of metal, kind of like brushed stainless steel - like the muffler on my R1200 RT. The colors of the BMW roundel: black, blue, and white are there, so that's good.

We all will have our points of view, won't we? In my opinion, it's not a bad logo. Unless there's a recall demanded by the multitudes of members, we'll get used to it.

I know it's not the same font, but this is what I first thought of when I saw the logo:

zima.jpg

Personally I don't like it all that much at all, it's looks dated in a way that it looks like it was trying to be made to look modern, like a DeLorean or something, but like racer7 I don't really l like the ON either so maybe it's me and not the logo :scratch

It's BMW's loss. Could you imagine if Ferrari Owners of America was forced to use " Car Owners of America"?

This is what happens when the "bean counters" over rule the enthusiasts!

Nothin we can do about it, but it does takeaway a little bit of pride. Take away a little bit of pride and you take away a little bit of dedication. Look how far Harley has gone with pride and dedication.

:dance:dance:dance

Try using their logo without their permission. You know that they've sued folks for naming their independent repair shop things like "The Hog Pen", right? Once upon a time, a trip to Daytona included a zillion items with the HD logo on them. Not anymore.

And I was never a fan of the old logo, to be honest, but I'd hoped this one would at least have a motorcycle wheel or something that graphically associated the club identifier with motorcycles. On the plus side, this can be used as we see fit with other graphic images that may help build a stronger association between the new logo and motorcycling. Most importantly, it can be done without requiring approval from the mothership.

I don't see a roundel on the old logo.
Are they saying The club can't use BMW in the BMWMOA designation/affiliation?

Attachments

• bmwmoa.gif
    bmwmoa.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 177
Have you thought of this?

Since BMW is not part of the new logo, maybe we promote the MOA (Motorcycle Owners of America) to all of the Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Ducati, and Aprilia riders. Think how membership would increase. Then we could invite all of these other demo fleets to the International rally. The rally would be huge! The new logo works for me.

I would like to thank whoever put all of the effort into creating this new logo. Even in the digital age, it takes a lot of work to have one come out as nice looking as this one did. I say bravo and a job well done! :thumb

Not sure what the fuss is all about. :hide

http://emoto.smugmug.com/photos/i-S7wnwW7/0/M/i-S7wnwW7-M.jpg

:groovy

I have to find a way to get that made into stickers... I LIKE IT! That has some good "ink" potential.

Wow, hot topic!

I like it. Where can I get the new sticker? Do we just throw the old one away or is there a formal process for laying it to rest? Read a few lines from the owners manual or perhaps quaff a pilsener? ;)

Last edited:
Wow, hot topic!

I like it. Where can I get the new sticker? Do we just thow the old one away or is there a formal process for laying it to rest? Read a few lines from the owners manual or perhaps quaff a pilsener? ;)

Wrap it in a German Flag set it in a Longship and set it afire.

Viking+funeral.jpg

Wrap it in a German Flag set it in a Longship and set it afire.....

....while quaffing a pilsener? (As you can probably tell, beer plays a big part in my life. :laugh)

In Canada, we'll have to substitute an iceberg for the longboat - no offence intended.

I want to start by saying I think the new logo is just fine, and my hat is off to the good folks that put the time and effort into the endeavor.

However, the underlying cause for the new logo is amazing. I think itÔÇÖs an actual first. IÔÇÖve been thinking and canÔÇÖt remember a single instance where a corporate entity has refused to let their ownerÔÇÖs group use their name or logo in the clubÔÇÖs name.

I think it is symptomatic of a much larger problem.

Perhaps we should call ourselves the BRAND X O A.

E.

?® This post is copyrighted. Any reproduction without the ownerÔÇÖs express consent will result in final drive failure, or lifetime membership in HOG.

Back