• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New MOA Logo

I think the "O" would look better as a compass, but that's just my .02

Whatever they decide is fine with me.
:thumb

I like it.

But it doesn't matter whether I do or don't.

It is what it is, and doesn't effect my bikes, my riding, or the content of the articles I read in the magazine. Or how much fun I do or don't have at a rally.

what he said.
I like it, it's classy looking.

I am not sure if I am 100% fond of the new logo.... at least the old logo had BMW Motorcycles.... the new logo doesn't specify... like what others have mentioned... if someone looks at MOA... they won't know what it means... that is what I do not like.

It would be nice if everyone would get a couple free logo stickers because the logo got changed and my renew was last month...

I doubt they 'mean' anything beyond an artistic decision to give more texture or depth to the logo. But then what do I know I still do stick figures.
Yup, no meaning that I know of. Just a style choice.

tb

So any club from outside the USA, which 'charters' with the MOA, in effect holds 'dual-citizenship' to some degree? A club in Canada, for example, that belongs to the MOA also must affiliate with some Canadian organization as well? Same for Mexico and other countries?

Yes, with reference to a Canadian MOA club.

I think the new logo is handsome, and MOA is rather clever to have two: one compliant with the mothership's rules, and another that is much more stylish.

Exactly. The club can still use its own logo without having to worry about corporate IP issues with BMW, if it so desires. Alternatively, it can use the roundel by presenting their CI approved version.

That's exactly how the local clubs should be thinking about this: a standalone logo.

It's BMW's loss. Could you imagine if Ferrari Owners of America was forced to use " Car Owners of America"?

This is what happens when the "bean counters" over rule the enthusiasts!

Nothin we can do about it, but it does takeaway a little bit of pride. Take away a little bit of pride and you take away a little bit of dedication. Look how far Harley has gone with pride and dedication.

:dance:dance:dance

Before you criticize some, you should always walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.:doh

Not at all clear from the logo that this MOA has anything whatever to do with motorcycles. Metallurgy, microbiology, metaphysics, ????
But heck, half the time you can't tell reading ON either

Not at all clear from the logo that this MOA has anything whatever to do with motorcycles. Metallurgy, microbiology, metaphysics, ????

OUCH! As a 'passionate' contributor to the Owners News, that one stung a bit.

I'll get over it, but I'll be in Wilmington aboard the USS North Carolina later this week with my son. Don't make me track you down! :fight

OUCH! As a 'passionate' contributor to the Owners News, that one stung a bit.

I'll get over it, but I'll be in Wilmington aboard the USS North Carolina later this week with my son. Don't make me track you down! :fight

Perhaps yet racer7's comment go to the heart of the entire issue.

By itself the logo says nothing about motorcycles. It gains that when it is associated with something such as wording or some other publication. As that association with content grows it gains meaning.

ON is a wonderful club magazine. The content is member driven and so often associated with association or charted club business, or travel stories that happen to have motorcycles and more results in a magazine that often has little utility for a reader looking for a motorcycle magazine. That does not make it a bad magazine, just one that misses the target for a given readership.

The BMW roundel by itself says nothing about anything. There are multiple myths about its origin. Yet all of us have an instant image pop into our minds when we see it based on the associations we have linked to it.

I like the logo. It is clean and simple. It's the things associated with it that will give it meaning, life and more than a bit of confusion.

Anyone else notice the New MOA Logo on the Home Page?

Comments?

Before you criticize some, you should always walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.:doh

Gilly a mile back Darryl Cainey asked for comments. Some will like it and others will not. In recent history constructive criticism is welcomed. I know someone worked very hard on this project and I have no idea what they were thinking, what the current trends are in the industry and the dealings with Motorrad being Motorrad. For me, I could care less if we have a logo or not since my sidecases do not display any. Its also too bad Motorrad has control over a private club to begin with but we are partners now and one big family.

:wave

Gilly a mile back Darryl Cainey asked for comments. Some will like it and others will not. In recent history constructive criticism is welcomed. I know someone worked very hard on this project and I have no idea what they were thinking, what the current trends are in the industry and the dealings with Motorrad being Motorrad. For me, I could care less if we have a logo or not since my sidecases do not display any. Its also too bad Motorrad has control over a private club to begin with but we are partners now and one big family.

:wave

Actually BMW doesn't have "control" over us. They only have control over their licensed logo.

Opinion? I like the new logo even though it's not RED!

Voni
sMiling

Mu Omicron Lambda; Well I was a Sigma Pi back in the day at Arkansas State University. We had some pretty wild frat parties back then. Glad I survived all that.
What's the dot for in the Lambda. Frat pin?

It seems odd that BMW is so restrictive in the use of their logo. Other entities seem to encourage "showing the flag" as it were for visibility of their "brand".

I am disappointed that we are prohibited from displaying the roundel in the center of the "O" on the new logo, as I think that it would pull things together in a logical and attractive way. Showing pride in the MOA & pride in our BMW machines.

I'm still two club logo's behind.

Back