• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New MOA Logo

The Americans all chew gum and wear blue jeans and big Cowboy hats.......:wave

Only if they choose to, Plenty I know don't do either or at the same time. What I do know is that all Americans have come from the same melting pot and that is what make s Americans so unique in this crazy world!

44036_medium_image.jpg

I get it BMW said can't use those letters...don't want to spend lots of club dollars on lawyers....time to move on with life.....Board made a decision.....it's a logo.... just like the last one was......it to can change and evolve over time......

Good question - do Life Members get updated Life gear/decals?:scratch

Need to make certain to check the MOA financials for the substantial one time increase in revenue because of the lines at the Country Store selling all the new gear, decals, etc..........

How about ways to conserve funds in a recession? That would be good for starters...then maybe dues could be lowered ha ha Then we wouldn't have to give bikes away to attract income....or members...just a thought :)

Nobody succeeds without marketing these days. Once upon a time, the only way you had social interactions among interest groups were via clubs. Now, you can talk bikes all day long with people all over the world for free via the internet.

Clubs must offer more than they used to and there are things only a true club can bring to the table.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see several iterations of this logo associated with different kinds of bikes/activities.

Hey here is a unique way to design a symbol/logo

Fans of Iowa and Iowa State have selected a design that puts both teams' mascots on the rivalry trophy. The design, a rendering of which can be seen here, shows Herky and Cy standing in a cornfield holding a brass football. Below them, the names of both schools are listed along with engraved plates with the scores of each game.

The Iowa Corn Growers Association, which sponsors the game, had a local design firm come up with three concepts for the trophy. A panel narrowed the choices to three, and online voting took place between April 14 and midnight Tuesday. The winning design, called "Mascot Football Concept," received 8,002 votes, winning easily ahead of two designs featuring corn that racked up just 2,280 votes combined.

The reason for the trophy redesign was this monstrosity unveiled last summer, which showed a family huddled around a bushel of corn. The trophy, which had no real link to football, understandably drew criticism both within the state and around the country, leading to the change.

The new trophy will be presented to the winner of the Iowa-Iowa State matchup on Sept. 8 at Kinnick Stadium.

Any design would have been a vast improvement over what Iowa Corn produced last summer. The new trophy actually looks like it should be awarded to the winner of a football game (hence, the football). While I'm not ecstatic about the design, it conveys the necessary messages.

What say you?

Well the point wasn't about what they looked like but the process they went through to be inclusive.... !!!!

ncf_ic_cyhawk01_400.jpg

I was kidding... That's an old BB joke...

But hey... We could have one like that. Maybe Paul Glaves pounding on a final drive... :dance

Moa logo

Someone at BMW that makes a he'll of a lot more money than I do, way above my pay grade doesn't have enuf to do. To worry about bmwmoa logo. Just my humble opinion

The MOA is the governing body for all the MOA Chartered Clubs in the US, for us Canadians it's the BMW Car Club of Canada.

Why, I have no idea!

They are very difficult to deal with, just trying to get our logo approved is like pulling teeth!

Did you request and get the permission of Heritage Canada to use the flag.

As looking at the new logo is a retina challenging exercise this will be my last post and am logging out as every time I open up the website it, this new logo, stares at me (or I at it) and I do not feel, I know it does not make sense, a closeness to the organization that I once had.

Have a great riding summer everyone.

Hey here is a unique way to design a symbol/logo

Well, if I was a member the Iowa Corn Grower's who sponsor the game ....... I would probably like the trophy theme which honors the Corn Industry and the state's economic heritage. Iowa State is a Land-Grant school which grew from an Ag school, just like Michigan State and Penn State.

Of course, as an employee of a very large University whose wealthy alumni wants to rename a football stadium to honor a football coach instead a wounded Civil War General/University President/Governor & State Supreme Court Justice, I have no doubt that combining big time NCAA sport with the heritage of a school or state is considered stupid by the members of sport press.

Now, back the new MOA logo .......... It doesn't do anything for me. The old one, at least, had age and tradition going for it. The new one doesn't really convey anything to someone that isn't aware of the club, IMHO.

Over 30 years ago when I joined MOA, I didnt like the MOA Crest. Got use to it and am sure we will get use to the new logo.

Last edited:
Back