• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New MOA Logo

Change is good but sometimes difficult. I envision that we are about to boldly go where no club has been before. ( well there is a similarity There anyway)

Attachments

• _1235187037.jpg
    _1235187037.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 848
Anyone else notice the New MOA Logo on the Home Page?

Comments?

Nope. Be back in sec......

Hmmm. I'm not sure that would have been my first choice, but then again I didn't see the other options (other than the current one). However, it's just a logo and what the logo looks like has no bearing on my membership here.

I like the styling, but am also disappointed with the corporate policy preventing the logo from reflecting the fact that it is for a BMW club. In itself, this logo does not really convey what it represents. For someone unfamiliar with the BMWMOA, there is nothing in this logo to show what it's for.

I like the styling, but am also disappointed with the corporate policy preventing the logo from reflecting the fact that it is for a BMW club. In itself, this logo does not really convey what it represents. For someone unfamiliar with the BMWMOA, there is nothing in this logo to show what it's for.

Agreed, the "O" should be the BMW roundel. But I do understand the need for corporate standards for style.

I too like the styling. I wonder how it will age; at this point, probably better than I.

The logo guidelines that seemed to prohibit anything within the logo that would indicate BMW, or a connection with BMW in the design. The inclusion of a Roundel may have been a first choice but was exactly what the company wanted to avoid.

The conveyance off what it represents comes in the wording the guidelines allow to be associated with the various club logos. I will be interested in how that is done in signage, print, patches and other club related material.

The continuing discord for me is the use of a globe - which makes sense to me because it is an international club - and the wording Motorcycle Owners of America .

I don't really think they 'snuck' it in. I don't have a link to the posts but it has been mentioned several times by officers on the forum that the new logo would be presented in April. Today's appearance on the home page strikes me as a production issue related to April's ON presentation online 4/1 and in mail boxes near you.

I think the new logo is handsome, and MOA is rather clever to have two: one compliant with the mothership's rules, and another that is much more stylish.

I too like the styling. I wonder how it will age; at this point, probably better than I.

The logo guidelines that seemed to prohibit anything within the logo that would indicate BMW, or a connection with BMW in the design. The inclusion of a Roundel may have been a first choice but was exactly what the company wanted to avoid.

The conveyance off what it represents comes in the wording the guidelines allow to be associated with the various club logos. I will be interested in how that is done in signage, print, patches and other club related material.

The continuing discord for me is the use of a globe - which makes sense to me because it is an international club - and the wording Motorcycle Owners of America .

I don't really think they 'snuck' it in. I don't have a link to the posts but it has been mentioned several times by officers on the forum that the new logo would be presented in April. Today's appearance on the home page strikes me as a production issue related to April's ON presentation online 4/1 and in mail boxes near you.

I meant they snuck it on to the home page, with out saying anything.
We knew a new logo was coming.
I expected a big announcement.

I would have preferred the BMW roundel in the center of the letter 'O'

However, not having a seat at the "inner circle of trust" table that designed it, not privey to reasons why that did not or could not happen. Pity.

As for how 'international' we are, while I'm aware that there are overseas memberships/subscriptions, are not licensed clubs within the MOA restricted to the USA, Canada and Mexico?

Just wondering out loud - i.e. North America (w/ Central America as far as Panama).

Sort of a "Motorcycle Owners of The Americas" :scratch

Then we could all be BMW MOTA-members!

I would have preferred the BMW roundel in the center of the letter 'O'

Of course, Kevin, that would be better.

However, not having a seat at the "inner circle of trust" table that designed it, not privy to reasons why that did not or could not happen. Pity.

It couldn't happen because BMW can, legally, control others' use of the Roundel. Putting the Roundel in an MOA logo other than in the constricted and controlled form shown in the other MOA logo at the bottom right of the page would violate BMW's rules. While I'm a recovering attorney, and understand the legal reasons behind the company's behavior in this area, I think it's shortsighted and wrong.

As you say, we're not on that committee. :bluduh

I meant they snuck it on to the home page, with out saying anything.
We knew a new logo was coming.
I expected a big announcement.

I know, my comment was aimed at a more general point. I suspect the big announcement you are looking for will be in the April edition of ON.

I prefer the one on the top corner of this page (aka, the old one minus the "BMW").

As for trying to convey our "brand" image it just does not cut it for me. Would I buy a sticker and proudly display on the bike. Sadly, no. Being so close to April 1st I hope this is an April Fools Joke.

While the logo looks nice, there is nothing there to associate it with BMW or Motorcycles in general. Could be a logo for left handed widgets as far as I'm concerned. Just doesn't "sing".

Back