• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Schuberth SRC

beemeup

2009 R1200RT
I have a Schuberth C-3 and I'm seriously considering adding the SRC unit to it.
Is anyone out there using this product? Please let me know what you think, pros and cons. I'd like to hear more about it from this group before I make my decision.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

Don -- I've been using mine since they first came out. In the first week I was caught in one of those horizontal driving rains on the great flatness of Ontario where there was simply no way to get out of it. The SRC absorbed water thru the collar and gave me nothing but static for most of a week. I stopped to see the Schuberth rep at the RA Rally in WI and after several calls to HQ was told it wasn't covered for rain damage. While the crackling stopped after several days of dry weather, the vendor response left a bad taste in my mouth.

It has worked well since, though in rain I reach for my Arai with the old Q2 unit installed to keep the C3/SRC from having a relapse.

Pete

Range limited

If you use the intercom feature, be aware that the range is significantly limited compared to the normal G4.

The buttons are very tough to use with gloves (or at least winter gloves, as I got it in November).

I've had one in a C3 since early January and have put about 1700 miles on it this winter. The sound quality is identical to the G4 I had before and the collar is a directly replacement for the standard C3 collar and of very good quality. The range of the intercom seems to be only about a quarter mile between the SRC and the G4. The G4 rider said I would start breaking up farther than that while I could still hear him clearly. Not sure what that issue is other than the SRC has no external antenna like the G4.

I'd put this in a C3 every time. On the other hand, I'm not sure that the C3/SRC combination is any better than my previous Arai/G4 at a much lower price point. It is a very comfortable rig.

The C3 with SRC works very well. Has an FM radio and pairs with my G660 and gives me voice navigation, and after i downloaded the optional speedcam/red light cam database, gives me ding dings in the helmet for red light cameras. Happy.:clap
Also, the radio (fm) is entertaining.

Ugh, having more problems with the SRC. I have it tied into my Zumo 660. It paired up just fine and the spoken directions were appreciated. But a week ago it stopped working and I couldn't hear any directions. When I first fire it up I get the usual "GPS connected," statement nice and loud, but no route directions. Last night I deleted the bluetooth connection and reestablished it. With the helmet on in the quiet of my living room I could hear the directions, but just barely, as if someone was whispering from ten feet away. I tried to adjust the volume from my Zumo, but got the message that I had to use the helmet volume buttons. Helmet volume is up to the max, and still barely discernible.

Any advice out there?

Pete

Src

Really like ours. Does everything we want it to & more. Just back from 2200 mile trip which was first use as a pair. I use it daily as a solo for phone & streaming audio.

No problems to date.

Update on my issues:

Tech support is wonderful! Phil walked me thru a few steps with no improvement and was all ready to send a replacement when I decided to nuke all my pairings and start from scratch. It has worked just fine ever since, though it still appears to be happiest when the cell phone is left out of the equation. Just as well; I ride to escape work, not to take it with me.

Schuberth

I have one and it works fine although I wish the volume was a little louder. I like to listen to podcasts and very hard to hear them at 70 MPH and up. Music is fine.

Back