Thread: 1988 K75C 128 k mi. Injector question

PeteG

1988 K75C 128 k mi. Injector question

I've just received my refurbished injectors from Mr. Injector. Great service and highly recommended by the way. Reasonable pricing as there was nothing comparable in my area of northern California. They also provide a report as to the before and after condition of the injectors which is informative.

My question is can I safely use the Mr. Injector supplied O-rings or should I use the OEM O-rings which I have on hand?

Thanks in advance and ride safe!
    Pete

I won't tell you what's save or not safe but when I had my injectors cleaned by RC Engineering (at close to the same mileage as you), I used the new o rings supplied. No problems, except the new o rings were VERY tight !!
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....

PeteG
    Thanks Breyfogle. I guess "tight" is better than "leaking".

I'll see if anyone else wants to chime in.

Makes me wonder how removal will be. I took a lot of wiggling (myself & injectors) to get mine removed.

Pete

MysticRed
    I had mine done by Mr. Injector, a 12 mile drive from my house, BTW. Used his O-rings with no problems. Just follow his directions on lubing them up and it works best to have then in the rail when inserting. Then give them a little twist to make sure they are seated proper.

PeteG
    Thanks Scott,

Lucky you to be living to close to Mr. Injector! I ended up using the OEM o-rings on the fuel rail side and left the Mr. Injector o-rings on the block side. The rail side went in very smoothly with the OEM o-rings and there are no leaks. I'll save the Mr. Injector o-rings for future use.

Pete