• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seattle?

windancer

Don't know if this is the right forum for this, but my wife and I are heading out to Seattle this weekend (not riding) and would like to check out some of the Seattle area motorcycle shops to try out some new toys, accessories, and riding gear. Haven't much of a clue as to what's available. Any recommendations?

Southsound is a great shop. Lots of eye candy and nice folks. Ride West is in Seattle. Have not been there, but have not heard anyone talk bad about them either.

+ 1 on South Sound in Fife, always friendly and helpful to me. If your looking for gear Another friendly shop is the Triumph Dealer in Lakewood off of Bridgeport way and I 5.
Not sure what's in the Missoula area but the Cycle gear in Tacome is OK too depending on what you are looking for may as well make a day out of it.

There are a variety of shops around (multi dealer, etc) that have a lot of different gear like Cycle barn in Lynnwood & Smokey Point. I know the one in Smokey Point has a ton of stuff and the Lynnwood did too but their web page sux. They sold hardly's and everything there but not sure what is up with the website. The Smokey Point shows what they have. http://www.smokeypointcyclebarn.com/Default.asp There are other dealers that have a ton of stuff (clothes, accessories) that are in the Seattle Metro area. If you want just BMW stuff then Ride West or S. Sound is it. If you want more info I can shoot a few emails out and get more info.

Thanks guys! :wave

Highest priority is finding a place with a good selection of heated gear--mostly so we can get a good fit for my better half. I'm pretty good, shielded from most of the elements behind the fairing of my '81 RS, but she, alas, rides a Vulcan without a fairing--her rain gear is good, but she's going to be a much happier camper with some electronic heat!

We'll be staying in Tacoma, so Fife will be the first hit, and after that i think we'll motor north toward downtown and the shops in that direction.

RideWest is Also Good!

Southsound is a great shop. Lots of eye candy and nice folks. Ride West is in Seattle. Have not been there, but have not heard anyone talk bad about them either.

I've found the folks at RideWest very friendly. Their shop is not quite as large as South Sound, but worth a stop if you're in the area.

Ride West/South /sound

I realize that I'm WAY late on this, so consider it just more info...

I believe that Ride West and South Sound are owned by the same people. both stores are nice. More stuff at SSBMW, as it's a larger store. I live not too far from SSBMW.

Eagle Leathers, located at I-5 and Hwy 512, in Lakewood, WA. Also, they just opened a second store in Auburn, WA in the 1500 block of Auburn Way South.

Last edited:
Back