• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to K 1200 LT

markc385

Hi guys, I am a late 50's-something guy who hasn't ridden in about 10 yrs. I just bought a K1200LT and I am wondering if anyone has found value in the basic or experienced rider's courses out there? I would probably skip the basic but would appreciate input.
Thanks.

Welcome aboard

Glad to hear you are joining the club. I also have a K1200LT and share your birthdate, so there are two points in common. When I bought my bike, the dealer had a deal from BMW that would pick up the tab for a rider's course.Since I was moving up to a much larger and heavier bike, I took them up on the offer. It was a very worthwhile experience, and I would encourage you to do the same. The LT takes some getting used to. I suggest you check with your dealer. They should be able to recommend someone in your area. I am sure you will love the LT. The wife and I have been to all 48 states and are nearing 100,000 miles on our 2000 model. We'll look for you at the rally in July.

Bob Schrader
Wentzville, Mo

Motorcycle safety course

Hey markc385. Its great your taking a MSC. I took the Illinois Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginers Course 10 years ago and it was a great learning experience. I would have to say if you've been riding for some time and remember how to ride safe then I'd skip the beginers course and go for the experienced course. Just a thought.....What about signing up for the beginers course and taking the experienced right after? Let me know how you like the 1200 LT....thats one of the bikes on my short list for early next year. Happy riding buddy!!!

Back