• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Dealer Problem

K12RS

I purchased a used bike from a BMW dealer which had over a year left on the factory warranty and as part of the purchase agreement negotiated an extended warranty for three years. Upon expiration of the factory warranty it came to light that the dealer never purchased my extended warranty. I've been trying to get this issue resolved with the dealer for over three months now attempting not to go the legal route but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this issue resolved?

If you have a bill of sale that says you paid for it, should be a fairly open and shut case. Seems like a registered lawyer letter with a copy of the bill of sale should make things happen in a timely fashion, and cc: aftersales support at BMWNA so they know what their dealers are doing.

what's your pleasure?

Are you trying to get the extended warranty or just the money you paid for it back? Getting the money should be simple. I don't know if getting the warranty will be. BMW might have some policy that they won't extend a warranty that has already expired. That might be a catch-22. When I purchased my BMW, new, the dealer tried to sell me an extended warranty. Only thing is it was a Triumph warranty not BMW. I thought that was strange and said no thanks.

MarkF

Moved this thread to campfire:

moving-van.jpg

Update

I called BMW of NA on 6/11/03 in the AM and informed them of thier dealers actions. BMW representative agreed to call the dealer in efforts help resolve this issue. BMW representative called me back in the PM and indicated they spoke to the dealer and that the dealer would call me with a status update. To date I have not received that call from the dealer. It appears that BMW has little or no clout with it's dealers. Unfortunately it appears that I will be forced to go the legal route to resolve this matter.

Due to the unprofessional actions I feel obligated to warn my fellow riders in the upstate New York area to beware of dealings with Berkshire Motor Works in Schenectady New York.

Update

It appears that the dealer as gone out of business all BMW signage has been removed from the building and the windows are all covered with paper. I'm sure this guy will start another business in another state/location so fellow riders be cautious if your ever dealing with a guy named Ron with half a finger missing on one of his hands.

Re: Update

K12RS said:
It appears that the dealer as gone out of business all BMW signage has been removed from the building and the windows are all covered with paper.

Was visiting realtives in NY this weekend and was told that something happened. Kinda like a guy tried to buy in, they took his money and then when it was all used up they packed it in.

Not sure what the real deal is.

Reminds me of a local Resaurant that sold lots of gift certificates for Christmas presents. Then when the lucky holder called to make reservations during the week after they found out that the place had closed up for good on 12/24. The story is they new all along but did a closed for remodeling, stopped paying rent and said it wasn't their fault when they were evicted. Nice!

MarkF

Last edited:
Back