• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy from northern Illinois

middleagecrazy

Hello everyone. My name is Dan and I own a 2007 BMW F800st that I bought 2 years ago. I just got back from a nice 150 mile ride today and the weather here is in the low 80's....pretty breezy but what do you expect for March. I joined the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America at the Chicago Motorcycle Show this year and I was wondering why no BMW booth? Hope everyone is doing well and we'll chat later.

Hi Dan

Welcome to I-BMW forum.

I used to live in the Rockford area and in Chicago. Have been in Ohio for the last 16 years. My daughters still live in the northern burbs, so I get to northern Illinois several times a year.

When I lived in Rockford, I did my BMW bike business with a small dealer outside Freeport. He was a good dealer, but closed shop shortly after his son was killed in a bike accident.

BMW was not at the Cleveland show either, I can not answer why other than cost benefit ratio.

Enjoy the early spring!:bikes

Hi Dan. i'm in Central Illinois. BMW has not participated in most of the bike shows for the last few years. I'm sure economics has played a big part. They have relied more upon the local dealers to provided the displays and such at these shows. Welcome to the Club. Hope you enjoy it.

Dan: Not sure if this is your first ride - but i SURE hope you are taking advantage of being in Rockford and riding as much as you can into NW IL and SW Wisconsin. I live just north of you - about 20 MI south of Madison... Let me know if u find yourself heading up this way...

Hi ciscokid.

I was at Madison WI last year October. I stayed there 2 days while I did some Frank Lloyd Wright site seeing.....really nice up there. When I get my bike (F800st) fixed, I'm going to plan on taking a Lake Michigan tour or do a "Getting lost in Wisconsin" weekend.

Back