• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'm fat and I need pants

sedanman

neanderssance man
I am 6'0" and 300 lbs . 30" inseam and 46/48 waist (depends on brand). I can't find decent comfortable protective pants. I want to take Lee Parks Total Control course and they require proper riding pants. I also want to do a track day on my Rt and need pants ofr that too, beside the fact that I really should have them for daily riding. Anyone found a source for king sized gear? Cost matters here too. I know some will say this is not the place to pinch pennies but I can't spend what I don't have.

I think it might be a good idea to contact Rider's Warehouse - Aerostich - as I think the Roadcrafter rider suits can be custom tailored.

IF these two upcoming training opportunites allow Kevlar-reinforced garments, consider the SLIDERS 4.0, available thru Competition Accessories for $80.

They have waist sizes up to 44, but they run BIG.

How do I know? Just finished up a product evaluation on this item (Like them!) and sending in the finished article to Vince for future publication in Owners News any day now.

Again - they run big, so their 44 may very well accomodate your waist size, and between the Kevlar panels and optional CE-approved knee pads - awesome protection.

Just a thought.

FirstGear HT over pants will fit you for sure. DAMHIK

That was my first thought since I use them myself. But in the short inseam, they only go to 42 waist. So he'd have to get a regular and have them tailored. I'm not sure that meets his budget criterion since with tailoring, they'd be close to $300. Others mentioned in this thread would be even more.

That was my first thought since I use them myself. But in the short inseam, they only go to 42 waist.

Mine are marked 48. HT Overpants and TPG Overpants. I have both.

And yeah, they are too long for my 30-32" inseam, but I can deal with that.

Ok , I missed the craigslist stuff by a day. So I'm still looking. I did some research and the Motoport stuff looks top notch, it's on my wish list.

First Gear Pants

My waist line was much bigger at one time and First Gear Pants does have large sizes. The good news is that the pants adjustible and when you choose to lose some weight (noticed how nicely I phrased that) you can adjust the pants to suit .

My overall observation is that First Gear designed their clothes for the American market. Apparently the Dutch and the Italians all have perfect bodies as their gear is also suitable for a photo shoot with the beautiful people.

First gear

Try first gear. I bought a pair in Feb.'12 for 145 that were made in 12/11. They are baggy in the legs but an ajustable waist. I am 5'10 195 and bought the 36 waist pants that are perforated mesh with waterproff liner with armour. May not look like the European slime fit, but they are comfy and at $145, a good deal.

6'2" 310 30" inseam. First gear seems to work for me. Started at 48" in late jan. probably 3-4 weeks and I'm hoping to be down to a 44". (made a deal with my GTL that I'd drop 3lbs for every 1lb in accessories/gear I added - almost caught up after adding engine bars and highway pegs:) )

Good luck!

Let me repeat my earlier point--First Gear's 44 and up waist size are 33 inch inseam, so they'd need hemmed to work for the OP. I'm not sure that can be done.

Losing Weight

+1 on losing weight. Nothing personal but I've had the same problem over the last 10 years or so. I had a perfectly good BMW Commuter Jacket and pants hanging in the closet because I was too fat to get into them. I kept looking for larger sizes without any success. Finally I started experiencing health problems that hospitalized me twice and I started on a diet at the beginning of this year. I've lost 31 pounds, my blood sugar is lower, my blood pressure is back within a normal range, my wife has stopped nagging me about my health and I feel a hundred times better. I'm back in my commuter jacket and pants too. It's all good. I have been wanting a pair of the Khaki BMW Summer 2 pants for years and this year I'll finally be able to buy some. I know there's nothing worse than a reformed anything, but your health is something to consider. My weight and blood sugar issues were in fact killing me. Hey, good luck with your search, if this is helpful....great, if not, let it go and move on, no offense intended. Don

No offense taken, If I was thin skinned I would not have called myself "fat". The fact is that for safety, I need pants NOW, faster than I could lose weight. If I have to buy new pants next year because I too thin to wear the ones I get this year, I can live with that. The cornering clinic will accept Kevlar jeans and they look like the best short term solution. MotoPort is definately on the wish list.

Back