• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Howdy from Alpine, TX

runsonwater

runsonwater
:waveI am a new rider period. 2006 F650GS :wow is my first motorcycle; recently purchased on 02/18/2012 from a individual right here in this area:dance. Still learning the basics. The Motorcycle Safety Course, taken in late July 2011 was the most time on a bike for me.

The course was taken just in case it would be needed as one of my brothers had just purchased HD and when he learned that I was moving here, he said "that's a ride."

Several of my brothers and a nephew are riding their motorcycles for a visit and some Big Bend TX area riding. This prompted renewed seeking for a BMW F650GS and the purchase.

I have put approximately 257 miles on it - much to learn and enjoy!

It is clear that this club will be a good part of the learning and enjoying!

Thx:usa

Larry

Welcome

Alpine, TX looks to be where spring is well under way...if you ever get real winter. Get out an ride...gain more experience...have some fun!

You were smart to take the MSF course.

Welcome to the BMW motorcycle world. :thumb

Welcome! Glad you found us!

We're off on an adventure now but would love to meet you when we get back. We live just 53 sMiles south of you.

Voni
sMiling

Welcome to riding and to the club. Best riding tip I can think of, especially on those curves right before the Basin at Big Bend National Park, is to always 'look where you want to go' and avoid the tendency to look right in front of you (at the front wheel). Safe riding!

Also try F800riders.org--it is for the 650/800gs riders and other 800 bmw's. Great site and your motorcycle specific.

Jack

Thx for welcoming me!

Thanks for the welcome each and all. I appreciate it and feel welcome.

moralem - Thx for the Advrider tip -- it is another awesome site! :thumb

GeorgeK - yep, spring is in the air -- very high winds, some bit of sandstorm - no ride this weekend. I am very glad to have taken the safety course and recommend it to any new rider. :)

Voni -- Sure look forward to meeting y'all and hear of the most recent adventure.:)

rapz - Thx for the welcome and safety tip -- I'll remember.:thumb

jaherbst - I will check out that site -- my bike is a F650GS single.:)

Also try F800riders.org--it is for the 650/800gs riders and other 800 bmw's. Great site and your motorcycle specific.

Jack

His is the Thumper... not twin F650 GS.

If haven't already, check out www.f650.com They are in the middle of re-grouping but a good website with lots of great information.

Welcome aboard!!!! Post a pic of your new bike. :D

Back