• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Took a little ride this past weekend

bobwalker

Bryan & I took a short overnighter from Dallas to Caddo Lake State Park in East Texas. Just a one night trip but still a lot of fun.
This first photo was at a rest stop near Big Sandy.

Attachments

• Caddo1.jpg
    Caddo1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Got a camp site right on the water....# 65 if you go there.

Attachments

• Caddo2.jpg
    Caddo2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Bob,

Thanks for the photos and the inside scoop on lot #65.

If you tell anyone I had to ask you this, I'll call you a liar, but where is Caddo Lake located? Is it as far east as Nacogdoches in the Toledo Bend area?

Most of my rides are west of Ft Worth so I haven't spent much time out that way.

If you don't like the morons driving I-20 East you can take Hwy 80. Goes through Wills Point, Big Sandy, Longview and Marshall. About 160 miles east of Dallas. 15 miles NE of Marshall. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas and is actually a cypress swamp. It straddles the Tx/La border. Very pretty area, hills, curves, trees, etc. Lots of places to eat. Took us about 2 1/2 hours with one stop for a break and one for gas.

nice looking campsite.
nice looking orange bike your pard is riding. what is it?

He's riding a KTM 950s Adventure. Very nice bike. He's had it in some really rough country but it is really too big for serious off road....not that I do that anymore, not since I traded my XR650R anyway.

;)

Back