• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First Impressions: Bridgestone Battlax BT-023GT on 2009 R1200RT

mclassing

I've just completed outlining my experience with a set of Continental Road Attack 2 over here.

On to the Battlax...

A friend of mine helped me spoon these on. The RA2s came off quite easily.

The front tire went on without much fight. The rear tire is a different story. These tires (especially the rear) are STIFF. I'm assuming this is because I bought the GT spec. Bridgestone recommends this for heavier sport touring bikes like the R1200RT, FJR1300, etc.

The most obvious thing about these new tires is that they are stiff enough that they've noticeably stiffened the ride.

I cannot comment on much more quite yet. I've not ridden on them enough to form an opinion. I'll post again after some seat time.

BS here too:)

Mine is a GSA however with BattleWings BS's and now several sets I've gone through, much happiness:). Stiff is an understatement, as my rear is the same on the GSA. One hard tire and one can darn near run it no air! I do let out air on tougher dirt byways to 10lbs, no issues. I think the BSs are a fine product indeed, not seen on many BMWs around my travels, but came on my bike from Germany and I keep buying them. About 20% less $$$ too than most comp..., same wear. Randy:thumb:dance

Same bike, same tires, same pain in mounting, they are stiff. I have about 3K, I have liked them so far, it's still early to see how far I get on the mileage.

-JT

When I had my 2008 RT, I started changing my own tires. It had the stiffer version of BT-20's on the rear. Front was easy. I was struggling getting the rear tire mounted.

Someone on this board suggested I let the new rear tire sit in the sun so it was nice and warm before mounting. Unbelievable how easy it went on the rim. Might work on the 23's also.

BTo23GT mounting

When I had my 2008 RT, I started changing my own tires. It had the stiffer version of BT-20's on the rear. Front was easy. I was struggling getting the rear tire mounted.

Someone on this board suggested I let the new rear tire sit in the sun so it was nice and warm before mounting. Unbelievable how easy it went on the rim. Might work on the 23's also.

I used a heat gun, carefully, to warm up the tire before mounting, before that I could not get it on the rim. Use plenty of NAPA tire lube too.
So far the tires handle well, but then I am not doing track days with them. We will see on the mileage.

Mick-F

Back