Thread: Hel--Cannot remove GS front beak

Hel--Cannot remove GS front beak

I have removed all screws I can see from the GS's beak, but it remains attached in some way to the bike...what am I missing here? IS there some other fastener that I don't see that I need to get to??

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jefflibby View Post
    I have removed all screws I can see from the GS's beak, but it remains attached in some way to the bike...what am I missing here? IS there some other fastener that I don't see that I need to get to??
    Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum. While you are awaiting some definitive help, form the Oilhead forum page, look in the upper right area and you will see a place to Search this forum ,click on that and enter the word beak. There are a lot of posts, chances are you will find one that will help. Good luck. Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

If it is the same as my RT front "beak" you have to spread it apart to get it over the mounting tabs.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)