• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Short ride on a perfect MO day

AirForce

Ozark Limey
I took the new Mistress from the Darkside for a ride on a perfect Missouri day. 63??, sand from the "winter" gone from the corners, no one else out on the roads, and crystal clear. I have to say, after years of riding an 1150GS and now a 1200GS, the 99 K1200RS is amazingly smooth, sneaky power, and just a teensy tiny bit heavier to manoeuver. But ohhhh sooooo addicting. The Flying Brick, she does fly:D

Two things about the day I will mention before getting to the photos. 1) The perfect ride can be ruined if you start the ride with a lousy song stuck in your head. In this case "Tattoo" the new Van Halen piece of garbage. Bring on Van Halen 1, leave this new stuff on the shelf. The only song worse is Starland Vocal Band "Afternoon Delight". 2) The perfect day can go completely wrong when you discover your wallet has fallen out of the whacking great chest pocket on your 'stich that you stupidly left open. 3) The ruined day can be returned to perfect when you backtrack 15 miles and find your aforementioned lost wallet lying along to white edge line...and it hasn't even been run over by a logging truck. 3a) "Tattoo" gets replaced when you hear Sammy Hagar doing "I Can't Drive 55" at the gas station.

On to the photos...
Waiting for the ferry at Acker. Christopher Cross said "Don't pay the ferryman" but I had to pay $4 to cross the Current. Sorry, Chris.
21s-L.jpg

The big girl is rather photogenic.
7s-L.jpg

11s-L.jpg

Outflow from Alley Spring. ALWAYS a great ride destination. and the water is sooo cool and tastes soooo good.
14s-L.jpg

There has got to be a story behind the naming of this location. Missouri does have some unusual place names. Bland, Tightwad, Peculiar, Licking, Conception, etc.
12s-L.jpg

Missouri labels many of the backroads with letters. This one, however, is unacceptable.
19s-L.jpg

Back