• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can't live withou it

abmwrider

Can't live without it

The almost heaven rally will be our first. So I thought I might be able to query your expertise. Concerning the rally's you have attended in the past, have you ever said "D--- I forget the ..." Well those little ...'s are what I am looking for. I know once I get there I will realize that I didn't need ... but should have brought ... instead. :yow

Thank you oh travelled one!

Last edited:
Stuff I forget

I am always missing my cool-tie in the summer and extra warmth in the cooler climates.

I wish my kermit chair weighed less, so I could carry it with me everywhere, and not just leave it by my tent.

I find men generally forget Tylenol, and are too hung-over to ride and get it. Best to pack it.

Bike cover is often forgotten, but when I bring it, I don't need it.

Rally cup is essential, you never know who will have that coffee when you really want it...

Forgotten things

Only once did I find that I didn't have what I needed, and couldn't buy it wherever I was at the time, a throttle return spring for an R65. Travel light, and know that you can buy anything you need but forgot to bring. I bring my oldest clothes that are ready to thowout, and throw them out rather than launder them. then I have empty space for all the things I buy.

If you prefer, you can ship anything you want to the rally site, and pick it up at the civic center.

Josh
rally co-chair

Can't live without it

West Virginia is still part of the United States, not the middle of the Sahara. Bring money or plastic and it doesn't matter what you forgot. Yes, they have a Wally World in Charleston.:)

Yes they have Wally WOrld, and a lot of other places, but no BMW dealer in the state. Closest will be Athens, Ohio (I think). Service before you go will be inportant.

BTW, WV has already rolled out the "watch for motorcyclists" billboards on the interstates. AND they have D.O.T. employees that do nothing but cruise the interstates in Ford F-150s looking for stranded motorists. These guys carry extra gas and jumper cables, etc. Just thought I'd let everyone know about this little thing WV does - and has done as long as I can remember. Gives you a little extra piece of mind when traveling alone in the middle of no-where and are worried about an un-expected breakdown.

Doug Wenzel will be there with his truck and can provide service if you need it.

Back