• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just ordered a new GSA

your feet will reach ground.
maybe not flat footed, but you will have sufficient contact.

2 feet flat-footed is highly over-rated, imo. nice, but over-rated.

i guess you don't use your feet to back up much.

my harley weighs 250 lbs more and is a pleasure to back up compared to the r12r.

6757055499_7a7b7a0314.jpg

I try to park where backing is not needed.Old habit from driving large trucks w/ short trailers.
I can put both feet down on my GSA on most ESA settings, but if set for two up/comfort I believe, it's higher and I still can push back from the gate if needed. As long as one foot is available for balance ,I can reverse.

It might be easier to move the bike by standing next to it, grab the handlebars with one hand and the passenger grab rail with the other. It takes some practice to become comfortable with this method but it does provide a great deal of control and less effort than trying to move a bike backwards with one foot on the ground.

In any event, good luck with the new GSA. It's a beauty!

It might be easier to move the bike by standing next to it, grab the handlebars with one hand and the passenger grab rail with the other. It takes some practice to become comfortable with this method but it does provide a great deal of control and less effort than trying to move a bike backwards with one foot on the ground.

In any event, good luck with the new GSA. It's a beauty!

Yes, this is what my 5'7" friend does... if he parks it in a place where he needs to back it up, he just walks it back from the side.

I try to park where backing is not needed.Old habit from driving large trucks w/ short trailers.
I can put both feet down on my GSA on most ESA settings, but if set for two up/comfort I believe, it's higher and I still can push back from the gate if needed. As long as one foot is available for balance ,I can reverse.

yup. rare that i ever have to back up. only predictable spot is getting out of the garage. and i do that off the bike. superior thinking beats superior leg length every time!

Congratulations!! Theres nothing better then the anticipation of that first ride on a brand new bikeExcept the first ride!!

Black is the fastest color, even with a little gray

Bill

Attachments

• BMW-UP.jpg
    BMW-UP.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
i guess you don't use your feet to back up much.

i back my GS up by standing along side it and pushing. The 1150s have a great grab handlel for doing this.

5' 8" with 29" inseam. You should see my Roy Rogers mount/dismount on the HP2e... :nod

Ian

OfficerImpersonator, I have the slightly lower 2011 GS and you and I are the same height. You will not have any problems. I test rode the GSA and GS. Pretty close for seat height. I am a new rider. With your experience you will easily adapt. I ride my GS with the seat in the high position.

Triple Black is beautiful (almost bought one) but I have to say, (for me)I went with red to be as visible as possible. It might also have something to do with 32 years in the Fire Service? Could'nt get away from the red! I have a bad back and do not plan on doing much off road riding other than a graded dirt road. That is why I opted for the non-spoked wheels. Sure easier to clean!!! If I thought I would do more off road riding I would have gone with the stronger spoked wheels like you are looking at. For some reason the spoked wheels look better on the GS or GSA. No matter what option or color, you will love your bike. They are nice. Enjoy!!!

Put down the $500 deposit Friday afternoon. Order has been placed. Now it's time for Berlin to do its thing while I sit back and wait around for the next two months. :snore

Congratulations!

Officer Impersonator,

Very happy to hear you will be picking up your new GSA in the coming months. I hope to meet you sometime down the road.

Take care,
Joe

I'm 5'11", and also have a 30" inseam.

I ride my RTP with the stock seat set at the middle height setting, and I can easily get the balls of both feet down on the ground. I feel no compelling need to flat-foot the bike I ride, whether it be the RTP or the GSA.

I've sat on a GSA in the showroom and it didn't feel too tall for me. I was able to get my toes on the ground with the bike on the center-stand, so I'm presuming I'll be able to touch the ground when the bike is off the center-stand.

If I'm an idiot, and I'm buying a bike that's too big for me, let me know before it's too late! :)

I am 5' 9-1/2" with a 30" inseam, and I ride a GSA. Granted I bought it mainly as an Iron Butt and sport-touring bike and do not off-road it, but I feel very comfortable on it. I had a F650 Dakar a while back that helped me get comfortable on a tall bike, and now the GSA feels no more difficult than my daily rider (R1100RT).

The R1200GSA is more fun than just about any bike I have ever owned or ridden. The tank allows for very long legs, and the handling allows me to out-ride some of my sport bike buddies in the twisties. If you go for it you will love it.

Good for you! I just got back from Duesseldorf where my cousin's husband just took delivery of his tripple black...the only thing he changed was replacing the seat with seats from Baehr (www.baehr.net) Really looks good!

Back