• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help with a gripe about my grips

rvint

Does anyone know if a grip sleeve (to make the grips more robust/larger) will affect the heat that emits from the OEM heated grips? IÔÇÖm experiencing some fatigue and cramping that I think is due to the small diameter grips that came on the K bike that I just purchased. IÔÇÖm assuming that this will eliminate the problem because I do not experience this with my other bikes.

I used these from Beemerbone yard for years and with stock heated grips. I like them a lot. On sale for $5.95 a set.

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/foamgripcov.html

They tended to wear out in a year's time or so, depending on how much you ride or left in the sun. I never felt that the heat from the grip was diminished. Hands were always plenty warm considering the temps I was in and glove that I was wearing. Note there is a minimum order so I usually got 2 or 3 sets per order. Shame they are out of stock at the moment.

I have since switch to an aftermarket grip and do not need the extra diameter on the grip any more.

Tired the bag of o-rings, didn't like them no problem with heated grips just took longer to warm up
Local dealer had grip puppies, like them a lot again no issues with heated grips, think after a year are so may need replacing,..:clap

Grip Sleeves

I've got neoprene grip wraps on my R12RT, there may be a delay in the heat but I still get enough heat that after a while I usualy need to turn them down from #2 to #1.

+ another for beemerbuddies

I have had excellent service from the beemerbuddies guy; I like the bb's and yes,the heat does come thru very well; might take a minute or 2 longer to get to your hands, but the heat is just as strong; then the heat may last a bit longer after you shut the switch off. The bb's are on both BMWs and they are adjustable and removable if necessary. I have no problem buying another couple of pairs in the future. :wave

I would agree with beemerbuddies. Good product, service and no complaints. Heat up faster than my foam set they replaced.

Back