• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wobbly Rear Turn Indicator Frames

tishgold

tishgold
The orange turn indicators on the back of my R90/6 are "wobbly". Does anyone know how to tighten them up without snapping them off?

If I recall correctly, the securing of the turn signal housings is within the housing itself - you remove the lens cover(s) and there should be a half clamp that clamps onto the "pipe" of the arms that enter the housings - the half clamp is held in place with a couple of hex-headed screws that might be loose.

If I recall correctly, the securing of the turn signal housings is within the housing itself - you remove the lens cover(s) and there should be a half clamp that clamps onto the "pipe" of the arms that enter the housings - the half clamp is held in place with a couple of hex-headed screws that might be loose.

Not only that but those clamps might need a little tweaking.

This is one of those things where you have to take the parts apart and screw around with em.

No big deal though!:thumb

Electrical Tape

I had the same issue with mine. If you go through Minsok's procedure and they are still wobbling, sagging, tilting and just plain pissing you off, try wrapping the support tube with electical tape.

Basically, remove the turn signal as much as is necessary to do a few wraps of the tube with electrical tape. Cut a slit where the tube indentation (anti-rotation feature) is, and then reinstall the signal. It may take a little more than a gentle force to seat it properly with the electrical tape in there. You will feel when it seats because it will be fairly tight and will no longer rotate even without your clamp screws loosely tightened. Then tighten the clamp screws, not too tight because your screwing plastic.

Good luck.

HH

WObbly Turn Signal Indicators

Thank you to all of you. I am very pleased to have the forum to turn to-it'l like having experienced friends out in the garage just standing by to share their experience, strength and hope :clap

What I did was get the aluminum signal housings from a /5
they will bolt up solid and won't come loose.

but if you want origionality go with tape on the cross bar to make the plastic housings solid.

When you get the lens off and the bulb holder out, take the two screws out and remove the clamp. You'll probably see that the clamp is bent. Straighten/flatten the ends on a flat surface(you'll see what I mean when you get it out) and they'll be snug when you put it all back together.I've seen where individuals have tried to bend the little tab on the clamp in an effort to tighten things up and that doesn't work.

Woodgrain

Back