• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best practical joke ever?

basketcase

What's that noise...?
Reading the "customer service" thread gave me a laugh, and reminded me of a tale I heard recently.

A friend was talking about his son & daughter, and told about the son sneaking around and having a copy made of the daughter's carkey. Then, she would be a work at a local retail store at the mall, and he would come by and move her car in the parking lot.

Until the daughter figured out what was going on and then laid a trap and caught him, she thought she was going bonkers. They never told the parents, until the son got married and the daughter told off on him to his new bride! (Payback, you know?)

Oh my -- I know both of the kids, and I laughed until I hurt.

What is the best practical joke you've pulled, or had pulled on you?

That is, if you have the cajones (literally, or figuratively speaking) to tell it! :brow

Back in the day, myself and two friends liked to go out and shoot some pool. My grandmother was blind and we would take one of her canes and head off to a bar for some fun. My one buddy was great at "playing" a blind guy, so I would line up his shots for him as he played the other. After he won a few games, and the gathering crowd was impressed with his ability to follow direction, we would suggest a game for some cash.

Right off the batt, I would line up his shots obviously wrong each and every time. He would just smile and get his butt kicked, pay up and ask for a rematch.............untill the crowd started to get ugly. :wave

Tim

Locked the keys in a running car

So I was on a business trip, about two weeks straight, and you know how there is one guy who just is annoying. It had snowed overnight and there was probably about five or six inches of accumulation. So what "the receiver" did was go outside, start his rental car, sweep it off, then go back in to hotel to return the broom he had used.

Well I saw my opportunity, so I opened the passenger door pressed the lock button and closed the door. I then got into the minivan next to it with everyone else and just played dumb. It is great to have three "alibis" that I was just sitting there waiting for everyone. Two years later, it still gets a laugh when people tell the story and no one has ratted me out.

Some friends of mine were getting married. During the ceremony the bride's brother and I went outside and proceeded to jack up the rear of the car "just a little", place stands under the axle, so the wheels were just offthe ground. As we were busy the ceremony ended and the whole church started walking by us. Of course we'd noticed they had a flat and were changing it. We then hid the jack in somebody else's car, and the keys to their car in the least obvious place - the bride's purse. As things progressed, and they finally got going, they headed for their weekend honeymoon. They woke up the next morning and the tire we supposedly had changed was flat, but we had absolutely nothing to do with it!

And one I still do

Pass out lottery tickets that are good for $20,000 to $50,000 IF you can get the claim form from Santa Clause, and get the Tooth Fairy to validate it.
One of my co-workers was just a little irked with another "worker" and said he would like to fill his coat pocket with greese and being as how I did not care too much for this "worker" either, filled the pocket with moly-lube ...which the "worker" put a $50 bounty to find out who did it..and no one ever collected.

One of the shops I worked in had a shop a-hole who loved to steal food from your area,especialy if chocolate was involved....Sooooo one day I took a pack of ring-dings carefully razored open the pkg. & spread the bottoms w/ex-lax ,my cruelty didn't end there...I then went to the head and removed all the TP except for one roll , which I unrolled about 3ft. of ,crumbled some fiberglass insulation over and carefully rolled up & put on the holder!!! :doh

My trick

I boughtone ofthose "oil leak" plastic thingys from Aero Stitch.

Next weekend at the Willow Springs Vintage Racing I plan to put it under my friend's showroom R75 /5...

We'll see if he bites, I'l let you know.

When I was a kid I saw a movie (I forget the name) about a kid and his dad who were playing a trick on an obnoxious neighbor. The neighbor bought a VW Bug and constantly bragged about the gas mileage. The dad and kid would sneak out at night and add gas to his tank so that he was getting over 100 mpg...

Good stuff

One that was done to me when I was in college, I lived in a Garage apartment, that was basically one big room. I got home from my night job at around 3:00am to find that someone had broken into the room, and rearranged the furniture, the art, everything, so that the room was a mirror image of how I left it. It was a both amusing, and disturbing.

I got the snake from Aerostitch and put it under a guys desk at work. He lept up and let forth a full gut man-scream

The best ever I heard of on the Click & Clack radio show. a guy took a vacation. His buddies were craftsmen in the construction trades, and they drywalled over the door of his apartment. Painted to match, and made the room dissapear. When the guy got back and called them, the claimed they had never heard of him :thumb

At my friends wedding me and another acomplice opened up the hood on the Groom's 1974 Pontiac Lemans Sport Coupe Honey Moon ride and laid sardines on the manifold.

joke

A funny / cruel trick we played on the new guys in my Army unit.... Before a jump someone would put veggie soup in a ziplock bag and hide it under their BDU top. During the flight this person(sitting next to or across from the newbie) would feign sickness and "puke" into their helmet. Actually just dumping the soup when the newbie looked away. The joke gets good when someone else grabs the helmet full of "puke" and drinks it.... MOST newbies will then puke all over themselves.

RW

2/505 PIR
82d Abn Div
85-89

Gambrinus,

Our Loadmasters used to pull that trick when we'd be doing drops up at Pope AFB/Ft. Bragg.

Once, we got a load of Marines all trying to act like they were tough and the Loads were taking a lot of S--t from them. After a while the AC asked if anyone had any Dramiden (SP?) in their helmet bags. "Use it if you need it" he said. Then, he started kicking the rudder left and right and we sort of sashayed our way down the airway. A couple minutes of that and it got real quiet in the back. Didn't have any more trouble from them and they even cleaned up their own mess.

I heard of someone who taped the beginning of the nightly news where they show the lottery balls being picked one at a time. He then purchased several lottery tickets including one with the same winning numbers. He gave the winning ticket to a friend while others had the other tickets.

The following week while everyone was there, he then pushed the play button of the taped drawing as if they was turning on the TV to watch it live.

Add another tree.

There is a line of small 4 to 6 foot pine trees leading up to my office building. Two years ago, just before christmas I purchased the bottom two feet of a 6 foot christmas tree. At the end of the line of pine trees, leading up to the office, I placed a circle of wood chips. Then attached the pine tree bottom to a small stake I had driven into the ground. The best part was it snowed that night. By summer the mowing service was mowing around the totally brown fake tree.

I went to M$U (Michigan State) back when common source meant the Resident Assistant was the host of the floor progressive. A year after I got there, the administration decided to outlaw all common sources, progressives, etc.. and really crack down. That was also the same year that Coors started making the party balls. (About 2.5 gallons of beer per ball).

They came packaged in boxes, and didn't resemble anything like beer at all, so when you were coming in with a laundry cart filled with stuff from home, smuggling these in was easy. End of the first semester we had about 15-20 of them stored in our room on the loft, and had painted them with all sorts of christmas designs.

Short loop of rope on each one for a hanger, a piece of 10' conduit with a bent coathanger at the end to help hold the loop open, and we were 'decorating' the tree late one night outside the college president's quarters.

We'd added big stringers to resemble tinsel, and garlands, and a lot of people watched us and admired our 'creativity'... until 2 days later someone realized we'd hung a bunch of mini-kegs on the tree.

Wow! The creativity revealed in this thread is helping restore my faith in the future of America! :brow

Personally, I was reared in a huge (extended) family of practical jokers who have refined the activity to a high art. It is, as the saying goes, "the family tradition." And I've not yet decided which of mine to post.

Truth be told, one of my nephews (Air Force) presently holds the award for most outrageous ever.

Decisions, decisions ...

When we lived in Charleston, SC one of the guys at work was always complaining about the bolts on car batteries corroding from the acid build-up.
So we gave him some stainless steel bolts.

A couple of months later he came in late. Said his car wouldn't start due to the battery terminals having an insulated layer between the post and clamp.
This went on for about a year before someone ratted us out!

Funny thing about stainless and lead touching each other!! :clap

MTBATP

I have to give my dad credit for the best joke ever.

My family immigrated from Sweden in my grandfathers generation. As such, dad was brought up rather european, with a lot of scandinavian traditions. When I was born (first kid to my parents), they had the usual argument about names. Dad wanted to do something 'traditional', like einnar (thus the forum name), gunnar, benkt, etc... Mom wouldn't have any part of it, saying it had to be rather more generic and american, or we'd be picked on growing up. They eventually decided on Jon.

Same argument, 3.5 years later, with my brother. Same names brought up by dad, same counter by mom... Has to be generic, and american... Little bro was monnikered 'Erik'...

I don't know how many times I heard this story growing up, especially during family reunions. A light went on when I was about 27 at one, and I asked him if his infectious, well known sense of humor had played out in the naming of us 2. Jon... Erik.... Generic.... Together, a jonerik generic....

He just got that 'caught me with the goods' grin on his face we've always seen when we catch him pulling a prank, and said 'that only took 27 years to be found out', and walked away.

Dad let mom win, but had the final laugh in the end.

Whille in the Army many years ago, one fellow in particular would come in drunk late & make a nuisance of himself. He was well liked otherwise so no one wanted to do anything too negative to him.

One night while he was out, his bed was short sheeted. When he returned as usual the tricked up bed really had him stymied. We had more noise out of him than usual whining about what could be wrong with his bed. This trick was played several times & the poor drunk never did get wise.

I like to get our new firefighters a cup of coffee. It makes them feel special when the Captain gets them a coffee. They do not notice the shoe polish on the rim of that shiny black coffee cup. They drink the coffee and have two black lines at each end of their mouth.
Then after that I tell the rookie that the Chief wants him to report to his office immediately. Man ! that always gets a good laugh.
I also like to poke small holes in the styrofoam coffee cups when the Chief has some big wig from the city or county visiting the house. I am the practical joker in the firehouse.
Now always remember. Be prepared for payback's. The boy's have gotten me back several times through the years.

Back