• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Post....

Barbara Jean

Unabashed Bike Freak
Hi Everybody,

My name is Barb, and I ride. Lots, at least by my standards. I have a 1979 R80/7 named Millie, because compared to my other bikes she is "Thoroughly Modern". I just picked up a 1976 R75/6 that is going to be a sweet bike with a bit of work. They live in the bike shed alongside two Triumph Bonnies, a 1969 T120 and a 1978 T140v, and a '66 BSA B44. Oh, and two XS650's, one of which has a sidecar.

It's getting crowded in the shed these days......

I've been active for years on British bike sites, but thought I should do justice to the Teutonic Marvels sitting in the shed by joining a Beemer site. And of course the bikes are wonderful! I went from home (NW Washington State) to North Carolina and back in 2010 on Millie, and had zero-zip-nada problems. So different from the Commando's and really most all of my other bikes. I love my big Blue Beemers!

The other neat thing about having bikes around is that I get to be the "cool" Gramma. My granddaughters love Gramma's bikes, and with luck in a few years they can learn to ride! So yeah--that's me. Recently widowed, totally in love with my Airheads, and *SO* ready for Summer!

Thanks for being here!

Barb

A rousing welcome to a woman who loves her airheads!! Maybe like you, the older I get, the more I appreciate older things. I hope you continue to enjoy riding for many years to come!

Welcome!

Glad you love the Beemers...we do too! :heart I was in Spokane for the '04 National...rode the Northern Cascade route to visit family in Port Townsend. Very, very nice riding!!

Welcome to the BMW forum Barb. Be sure to check out the airhead forum for other like minded souls.:bikes

Mike Horne
76 R90/6 Candied Red Metallic, 120k
93 R100R Legend Pearl, 40k

Welcome Barb! We are gandparents also, but I can't get my wife to try a bike on her own. So far only 2up. If you ever travel down this way, let me know and maybe we can ride a stretch together.

Welcome, Barb! Nice little collection ya got there! Hope to see you in Sedalia this summer!

Hi Guys,

Thanks! It's a neat site, and I will no doubt spend too much time here, but that's why we have winter, right?

I live in rural Skagit County, near Hwy 20 ("North Cross" or North Cascades Highway), and have had the delightful pleasure of riding across Washington Pass, headed for Mazama and points east. Lovely ride!

I ride and camp with a women's riding group, and I always joke that when we leave a campsite, I have to start Millie first, since I can't tell if she is running or not when the Harley's light up...

Any sidecar folks hereabouts? I'm thinking of moving my chair to one of the BMW's, mainly as transportation in all weather.....gas is at $4.20 a gallon here now.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it!

Barb

Hi Folks,

I just got my patch and little member kit, so that makes it official! So.....when do I get to learn the secret handshake? :brow

Seriously cool stuff, and I am sewing the patch on my riding jacket today, assuming my little vintage 1927 sewing machine cooperates.

Meanwhile, most all the snow is gone, and it is supposed to be 58 degrees tomorrow, so that means a nice long ride! Bye-bye Winter, We'll hardly miss ye!

Welcome from "All Most Heaven"

Welcome to the group Barbara Jean....I like your style of expression. You sound like you have a lot to offer to the "conversation". Sorry for your recent loss. Recently "endured" my 70th birthday with a 170 mile ride through "our mountains" here in West Virginia!

Welcome to the funny farm from another Everwet State rider. As you might surmise from my web handle, we live out on the Hood Canal. I'm a bit envious of your location, I'd LOVE to be that close to the North Cascades Highway. And I'm a LOT envious of your shed! That's a great collection of machinery...when I first started riding I had a Honda 305 Scrambler, and my older brother had a TT Bonneville. I never could keep up with him! (Still can't!)

If you see a Gray/Mandarin R1100S passing by someday, give us a wave...!

Cheers! :drink

Last edited:
Back